Student died after eating pasta scraps in case of rare food poisoning



[ad_1]

A tragic case report involving a fatal spaghetti-aid remainder is regaining attention after a doctor presented the 2008 death on his popular YouTube channel. According to the initial report published in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology, a student in Belgium identified as "A.J.", became ill after eating spaghetti and tomato sauce that had been prepared five days earlier.

The report's authors said the spaghetti had been stored at room temperature before the 20-year-old used the microwave to heat it.

GENES "SUPERBUG" DISCOVERED IN THE REMOTE REGION OF THE ARCTIC

"Immediately after eating, he left home for his sporting activities, but came back 30 minutes later because of headache, abdominal pain and nausea. Upon his arrival, he vomited profusely for several hours and at midnight had two episodes of diarrhea with water, "the report said. "He received no medicine and drank only water. After midnight, he fell asleep. The next morning, at 11 o'clock, his parents were worried that he did not get up. When they went to his room, they found him dead.

A post-mortem examination determined that he had died at 4 o'clock in the morning, and significant B. cereus, an organism known as food poisoning, was found in samples of the remaining mass.

In a YouTube clip seen over 1.8 million times, Dr. Bernard, who identifies himself as a licensed and trained US-based provider, explained that the damaged mass had deactivated the liver of A.J.

BLOGGER SAYS IT HAS BEEN STOPPED AFTER CONTRACTING RADIO CAT RADIO INFECTION

"Normally, food poisoning only causes stomach inflammation, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, it does not typically cause acute liver failure, and worse still, we can not figure out what bacteria are causing the problem because growing it would take days – days. AJ does not have because his liver is rapidly turning off, "said Bernard.

Bernard said it is important to note that A.J.'s death is not a "typical" case of food poisoning, although other deaths have been documented before, so it is important to be careful with food left without refrigeration or anything that looks strange. The authors of the report came to a similar conclusion.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPLICATION

"Although we can not incriminate B cereus as the direct and unique cause of death, the present case illustrates the severity of emetic and diarrheal syndromes and the importance of proper refrigeration of prepared foods," the report said. "As the emetic toxin is preformed in food and is not inactivated by heat treatment, it is important to prevent the growth of B. cereus and its production during storage."

[ad_2]

Source link