Speculating about the rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime of many fans, perhaps losing just to watch the games. In this daily column, let's take a look at the latest rumors being produced by the rumor mill for pro wrestling.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that – rumors. None of this has been confirmed as news or legitimate fact, is circulating around the factory rumors of pro wrestling. We track the accuracy of the rumors on a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back that you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the day:
- WrestleVotes is now saying that the "big" story that rumors of Royal Rumble was "will eventually involve" Dean Ambrose. The news of Ambrose planning to leave the WWE in a few months apparently altered that.
- They also say that Triple H is behind the big push for Seth Rollins and he being placed in the big fight of WrestleMania with Brock Lesnar was the call of Triple H.
- Dave Meltzer mentioned in Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE is doing things in preparation for moving to FOX for Smash and "they know they need to get ratings." It is likely to be behind the idea of trying new things, such as being more quarrelsome and intergenerational and which are not.
- He also said that Zack Ryder was originally cast for the Royal Rumble, but Kurt Angle took over.
- Per PW Insider, WWE wants to go air Part-time heat Performance Center to avoid problems with spoilers.
If you have heard of interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember that they are rumors and not confirmed as facts, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check out our weekly Rumor Look Back On here to keep up with the frequency with which the rumors become correct.