John Cena's WWE days may be coming to an end as his film career continues to grow.
Vin Diesel provoked Cena's casting in the ninth installment of the "Fast & Furious" franchise at Instagram in April, and Universal officially confirmed that the actor "Blockers" will appear.
JOHN SCENE DISCUSSES THE SUPPORT OF THE VETERAN AT THE BENTONVILLE CINEMA FESTIVAL: "WE ARE ALL FRAGRATED, FACING THESE FEARS"
The film is set to be produced later this month, with a view to May 22, 2020. With its schedule getting tighter, the 42-year-old told TMZ he's thinking of hanging his hat in the WWE ring to focus in other things.
The wrestling superstar was asked by the public about the recent controversial game that made fans ask The Undertake and Bill Goldberg to retire.
"I think an individual's career depends on the individual," he said. "I've had the same conversation with myself and I'm only 42, and that's something we need to address every day. And this is individually specific. When these people are ready to stop, they will stop.
ELIZABETH HURLEY, 53, SIZZLES NO BIKINI HOTKIN
Cena has been successful in recent years with roles in films such as "Trainwreck," "The Marine" and "Blockers." However, joining the massive franchise "Fast and the Furious" takes his acting career to a whole new level. Vin Diesel previously revealed that Cena will be in the next film while releasing a video tribute to the late Paul Walker.
"As you know, I'm always thinking fast and I think of the responsibility of doing something iconic and worthy of its loyalty," Diesel says in the video. "I know this sounds crazy, but every blue moon that I feel like Pablo up there sends me someone, another soldier to fight for the truth and today someone came by the Toretto gym that talks about what Pablo would have brought."
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPLICATION
With that, Diesel moved the camera to the left to reveal Cena standing next to him in a blue suit. The 42-year-old waved to the camera without saying a word.