A Mullion Holiday Park spokesman said it closed when Public Health England (PHE) confirmed it was hit by a norovirus outbreak.
The park issued a statement saying: “We have decided to close temporarily, as a precaution. We are very sorry for everyone that this will affect, however, the health and well-being of our guests is paramount. Whenever possible, we are offering alternative accommodation to our guests and owners. "
PHE continues to work with the Cornwall Council and other partners to investigate several reported cases of diarrhea and vomiting, now confirmed as norovirus, in about 90 visitors at Mullion Holiday Park in Cornwall.
Dr. Bayad Nozad, England Public Health Communicable Disease Control consultant in the southwest said: “We can confirm that norovirus has been confirmed in two of the cases. The virus usually leads to mild diarrhea, vomiting, and abdominal or stomach cramps from which people recover quickly. There is no specific treatment, but if affected, it is important to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration. "
“Norovirus is easily transmitted from one person to another and the virus can survive for some time in the environment.
"Practice good hand hygiene – washing your hands often with soap and water is the best way to prevent them from spreading. Alcoholic hand gels don't kill norovirus.
“Our advice to those affected is to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration and stay away from work, school and day care until you are symptom free for 48 hours. If symptoms persist, contact your doctor or NHS 111. ”
Mullion Holiday Park spokesman added that the public areas and accommodation will all be professionally cleaned.
They emphasized that contagion is not related to food.
"We will continue to communicate with various stakeholders and update as soon as there is new information," he added.
Refunds are being offered to guests through customer service.
For more information about norovirus, click here.