Tuesday , February 18 2020
Home / unitedkingdom / Fashion student died of toxic shock syndrome just three days after her 19th birthday – The Sun

Fashion student died of toxic shock syndrome just three days after her 19th birthday – The Sun



A fashion student died of a toxic shock syndrome just three days after her 19th birthday.

Madalyn Massabni complained of feeling ill when she returned to her home in New Jersey after a birthday meal with her mother Dawn in March 2017.

    Madalyn Massabni tragically died of a toxic shock syndrome

3

Madalyn Massabni tragically died of a toxic shock syndromeCredit: Facebook
    Since Maddy's death, her mother, Dawn, has been on a mission to educate women and girls about TSS and the safe use of tampons by speaking in schools and universities.

3

Since Maddy's death, her mother, Dawn, has been on a mission to educate women and girls about TSS and the safe use of tampons by speaking in schools and universities.Credit: Facebook

Maddy's mother remembered seeing her the next morning, saying, "She could barely answer me and couldn't speak. I don't even know if she knew who I was and I called 911 right away."

Mother of two, Dawn said the ambulance arrived at her house, but at that moment Maddy was convulsed.

Dawn told Good Morning America: "I was holding her and she looked at me and closed her eyes … I was screaming:" I love you so much. Please don't leave me.

"She had a heart attack in her arms and stopped breathing."

Maddy was taken to the hospital, where the doctors relentlessly tried to revive her.

TRAGICAL TERMINAL

However, the teenager's health worsened the next day when her family made the decision to turn off the fans.

Maddy, who was a fashion student at Lynn University in Florida, died just three days after her 19th birthday.

Dawn, heartbroken, added, "It's been torture and hell since the day she left me. I miss her so much. I miss hearing" I love you, Mom. "

Maddy had her period throughout her sudden illness and wore tampons.

Its official cause of death was Toxic Shock Syndrome.

What is a toxic shock syndrome?

Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is caused by staph or streptococcus bacteria.

These bacteria usually live on the skin and nose or mouth without causing damage, but if they deepen into the body, they may release toxins that damage tissues and impede the functioning of organs.

These things can increase your risk of getting TSS:

  • using tampons – especially if you leave them longer than recommended or if you use super absorbent tampons
  • using female barrier contraceptives such as diaphragm or contraceptive cap
  • a problem with your skin, such as a cut, burn, boil, bug bite or wound after surgery
  • childbirth
  • using nasal packaging to treat a nosebleed
  • with staphylococcal or streptococcal infection such as throat infection, impetigo or cellulitis

TSS is not transmitted from person to person. You do not develop immunity to it once you have it, so you can get it more than once.

Source: NHS

Since Maddy's death, Dawn has been on a mission to educate women and girls about TSS and the safe use of tampons by speaking in schools and universities.

Its 501C3 foundation, Don't Shock Me, was created in honor of Maddy to spread the infection.

Dawn added, "I know Maddy would be very grateful for saved lives. If she had been through this, she'd be doing exactly what I'm doing."

    Maddy, who was a fashion student at Lynn University in Florida, died just three days after her 19th birthday.

3

Maddy, who was a fashion student at Lynn University in Florida, died just three days after her 19th birthday.Credit: Facebook


Source link