Tuesday , October 26 2021

Bean meal carrying 200 students to the hospital



[ad_1]

Guatemalan health officials suspect a bean meal is the reason why more than 200 students are being taken to a hospital in the southwest.

A Red Cross spokesman told the Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa on Tuesday that 211 children were taken to hospital and appeared to have symptoms of food poisoning.

According to the Princa Lippi newspaper, 425 school children in the city of Las Delicias, in the Quetzaltenango region, complained of abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting after a meal on Monday, but only the most serious cases were treated in the hospital.

Authorities are investigating possible sources of food poisoning, including whether the ingredients of the meal have been exposed to pesticides, the paper said.

Ø ØØØØØØØØØØØ
Email





[ad_2]
Source link