- Barcelona win 3-0 in the first leg of the Spanish Premier League semi-final against Liverpool.
- Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi (2) meet for the Catalans.
- Liverpool lose despite the chances, more in the second half of the goal away from home.
Half an hour passed when Luis Suarez decided to end his defeat in the Champions League goal. After a timed pass from Jordi Alba, the Uruguayans reached their first goal in the Spanish Championship this season.
Messi makes the difference
In the second half, Liverpool visitors had a clear chance and failed several times in the excellent goalkeeper of Barça Marc-André Stegen. The Spaniards were no longer visible. And then came the 7 minutes of Lionel Messi.
- Minute 75: Messi, who captained "Blaugrana" for the 100th time, overcomes the "Reds" defense with a sprint. After a slap in the knee by Suarez Messi reacts faster than all the defenders of Liverpool and pushes to 2: 0.
- 82 minutes: Messi turns a free kick almost 30 meters directly into the beam. A successful poem.
Fulminating final phase
Liverpool was anything but served later. Almost in return, Mohamed Salah had the highest chance of the game, but failed completely alone in the post. This opportunity should be used by the Egyptians.
Also in the episode the offensive efforts of the guests remained fruitless, the important goal away from home was unsuccessful. On the contrary: in nervous final minutes, Barcelona would have to score, even if not two goals against.
Two penalty room scenes with no video evidence
The game had already begun brilliantly, with scoring goals on both sides – and also a critical situation:
- 5 minutes: Sadio Mané falls into the penalty area after a duel with Gerard Piqué. A touch is there, a fault probably not. The whistle and VAR remain silent.
- 13 minutes Barcelona and Messi ahead complain about the hand of Joel Matip in the area. A touch is there, an intention probably not. The employee reaction is missing again.
That left Barcelona in the 32nd home game of the unbeaten queen category and continues to expand this record. Meanwhile, Liverpool need a little miracle in the second stage on May 7.
Transmission Reference: SRF two, sportlive, 01.05.19, 20:10