It is spread all over Slovenia. It is caused by bacteria called borelli.
Slovenia belongs to countries where there is a high probability of infection by pathogens caused by ticks. We are by far the most common Lyme borreliosis, followed by tick meningoencephalitis. Experts warn of precautionary measures, as tanning activity begins with a warmer climate, which increases the likelihood of infections that can seriously compromise our health.
Because of this disease, Slovenes are the most threatened in the world
The most threatened in the world
Lyme Borreliosis (LM) is by far the most common disease transmitted by ticks. It is spread all over Slovenia. It is caused by bacteria called borelli. Annually, we register up to 6,000 new cases of disease, and according to the incidence, which in some years exceeds 300 patients per 100,000 inhabitants, the most threatened population in the world is.
A rarer disease transmitted by banks in our country is human granulocytic anaplasmosis.
This is a record number
According to the NIJZ, in the year up to April 21, in Slovenia, 419 people, 248 women and 171 men became ill by LM. In 2018, according to preliminary data for this disease, 7543 people died. "This is a record number and is the highest in the last ten years. For LM, people of all ages are suffering and, in recent years, they are in the age group of 55 to 64 years. And there are always more women among the diseases " she said Dr. Marta Grčič Vitek of the National Institute of Public Health. "In contrast to the KME, it is found throughout Slovenia, where bats appear. The highest morbidity in the last year was in the region of Novo Mesto, where the incidence of KME is low.We observed a high incidence of boreliosis in the regions of Carniola , Novome and Murska Sobota .. very little KME " she added. There are no vaccines against this virus.
What is Lyme borreliosis?
- Disease caused by bacteria of the genus Borrelia, They are widespread in the European and North American areas and in some countries in Asia.
- Bacteria are transmitted to humans by biting an infected workbench of the genus Ixodes;
- Lyme borreliosis occurs throughout the year, but is most common from February to November. Mild winters and moist spring reinforce tennis activity.
There is a vaccine for KME
Tinnitus meningoencephalitis is not a common disease but is much more dangerous. This year, four female patients, three women and one man, reported to NIJZ. "The KME morbidity is the highest in the regions of Carniolan and Carinthia and in a part of the region of Celje is the region of Mozirje and Ljubljana near Cerknica and Ribnica KME is significantly smaller in the region of Novo Mesto and Goriška, along the coast. " explained the specialist with NIJZ.
Vaccination against KME free, but not for everyone
In 2018, 153 people died of KME and, unlike LM, there are more men here.
- It is a viral disease of the central nervous system, which is transmitted by the bite of the infected bank.
- It is mainly threatened by people who, during the period of tent activity, stay in the natural hot spots of the disease.
- In Europe, many natural benign meningoencephalitis (KME) mites are known, especially in Central and Eastern Europe, Scandinavia and the Baltic States. Slovenia is among the countries with the highest morbidity for KME.