The rapid rinse of abundant rainfall has brought insects, epidemiologists warn.
Root mosquitoes attack from early morning until late at night! And in day to day they are all more. Teams for their suppression are in the field, but stop working with the first raindrops. The destruction is made exclusively of the ground, not the aircraft, as has been the case for decades.
Such and similar reports are regularly published on television, radio stations, newspapers last week … However, citizens do not help. Additional concerns are the warnings of the epidemic that, in addition to West Nile fever, the only infections recorded in Serbia in recent years are not excluded from the occurrence of other mosquito-borne virus types in neighboring countries.
The occurrence of mosquitoes infected with West Nile virus this year is not recorded happily, but their occurrence, doctors say, "is expected for the next two to three months."
TOPLOTNI UDAR! Temperatures up to 36 degrees, and here's what we expect by the end of the week
SERBIA SURPRISE NEW WINE VINES! The warning from a doctor arrived
TOPLICOM BOATS BOATS READING ONLY! Sanja bought himself and was looking for his mother's corpse
– This virus was first recorded in the territory of Belgrade in 2012. Since then it appears every year in the period from July to September – say epidemiologists –
– It is ungrateful to predict when it will be released this year, but we will regularly examine the mosquitoes caught and, in the case of a virus, all competent authorities will be notified –
Epidemiologist cf. Dr. Radmilo Petrovic says that this type of virus is already endemic. In 80 percent of infected people do not cause problems, while in less than 20 percent of people develop symptoms similar to colds and flu.
– Symptoms occur two to 14 days after the sting – explains Dr. Petrović. – These are the most common mal-sexual, weakness, headache and disorientation, which pass in a few days. Often, the problems are so mild that many do not know that they have been infected with this virus, so they can go completely unnoticed.
According to the words prim. Dr. Slavica Maris, an epidemiologist at the Belgrade Institute of Public Health in Belgrade, in a small number of people, this virus can cause serious health problems, such as meningitis, encephalitis or polymyelitis, which can be fatal.
"It happens rarely with one in 150,000 people," says Dr. Maris.
– If this disease is suspected, blood tests can be detected if the virus is present in the body. The highest risk is for patients over 60 who already have a chronic disease and whose immunity has already been impaired.
Although West Nile fever is the only recorded virus that transmits mosquitoes in Serbia, this does not mean that climate change and weather conditions can not cause new types of infections.
"Mosquitoes are transmitters of many diseases, like zick and filariasis," warns Dr. Slavica Maris.
– In Serbia, we used to have malaria, which is no longer present. However, rainy periods, increased air humidity and high temperatures over a long period of time can in some cases cause new types of virus. The dengue virus already exists in neighboring Croatia, while the Congo virus was discovered in Italy.
The destruction of mosquitoes began on Tuesday and should last until October 31. The fight is being held in all 17 districts and 99 counties in Serbia.
– The Institute's teams divided pellets to control mosquito larvae in septic tanks and other mosquito microbubbles in settlements without regulated sewerage, say the Institute of Biocides and Medical Ecology.
– At the end of March, we began to implement larvicide treatments on all water surfaces that are the habitats of mosquito larvae –
From year to year, the "black spots" in Belgrade, where the largest number of mosquitoes are located, are the left bank of the Danube (Borča, Ovča, Krnjača …), but also the new Belgrade blocks of the river Sava, the ride of Zemun, Ada Ciganlija, I hit Ada Huja, Košutnjak, Zvezdara forest.
"There are 13 large lakes in Belgrade and more than 3,000 kilometers of drainage canals, from which mosquitoes come out," the Institute says.
– This year, especially the coastal parts of the Danube and Sava, which were due to low water levels were more accessible than usual –
The spraying of mosquitoes from the plane is prohibited according to European standards, which is why it has no longer been applied in Serbia since 2014. This method, the experts say, is "proven to be the most effective" but has proven to be "cheaper and safer for the environment ".
TIME TRADING IN EGYPT IN 50 STAGES This is why many appear to be HEATING HEATING than temperatures show
In Pozarevac, the bones of the soldiers of World War I were dug: the grave of Serbian heroes found!
The "Happy People" series hides many SECRETS: The two were in frantic discussion, and the actors came out massively for it.
– Fighting mosquitoes in the air occupies a large surface and is very little selective, regardless of whether the number of mosquitoes are low or high in one place – says the Biocides Institute.
– In addition, soil spraying measures target critical areas, while manual thermal devices can be treated and surfaces that can not be inserted by the vehicle –
In addition to several species of mammals that do not transmit infection, there are about thirty other species in the territory of Serbia. Some of them are more common in the day while others are more active. In addition, it has been proven that different types of mosquitoes prefer different parts of the body.