Wednesday , April 21 2021

Technology stocks fall in the "American", "Asian" and "European" regions of the red zone



European stock markets fell after a volatile session yesterday, closing in the red zone as investors waited to see if British Prime Minister Teresa Mai would face a motion of mistrust over the EU exit deal.
According to Reuters, the European Stoxx 600 closed down by 0.12% and the British FTSE 100 fell by 0.3%.
US stocks closed lower on Wall Street yesterday, hampered by heavy losses in technology stocks after disappointing prospects for Nvidia and Applied Matriles for the chip industry.
The Dow Jones industrial average (.DJI) fell 46.92 points, or 0.19%, to 25,242.35, while the Standard & Poor's & 500's broader Index <.SPX> fell 11.66 points, or 0.43%, to 2,718.54.
The Nasdaq Composite Index (.IXIC) fell 70.61 points, or 0.97%, to 7188.42.
As for Asia, Japan's Nikkei fell yesterday after being hit by a fall in semiconductor stocks after US chip maker NVIDIA disappointed the market with worse than expected earnings while Nintendo also fell sharply.
Game giant Nintendo, which uses processors from Infidja Tegra, fell 9.1 percent, its biggest daily decline since July 2016.
Nintendo was the most traded in volume and stood at 31,860 points, the lowest closing since May 2017.
The benchmark Nikkei index closed 0.6 percent at 2.1680.34 points. The index fell 2.6 percent this week.
TOPIX's broadest index fell 0.6 percent to 1,629 points.
The losers ranged from 1442 to 607.
In Pakistan, the index of the Karachi Stock Exchange, Pakistan's largest stock market, closed yesterday, up 0.56 percent, or 232 points, and closed at 41,660 points.
A total of 10,755,957 shares were traded in 347 transactions, the market capitalization of 169 companies rose, 156 companies declined and 22 companies settled.
The general index of stock prices listed on the Jordan Stock Exchange increased by 0.24%, closing the week at 1965.6 points.
Average daily trading volume on the Jordanian Stock Exchange last week reached 5.2 million JD, compared to 5.3 million the previous week, a decline of 2.8%. The total volume of weekly trades was JD 25.9 million compared to JD 26.7 million in the previous week. . The number of shares traded by the stock exchange during the last week was 26.9 million shares through 13367.
In Egypt, the gains made by the Egyptian stock exchange over the past week, about 2.8 billion pounds, to reach the market capitalization of the companies' stock about 779.6 billion pounds.
The performance of the main and secondary market indices declined collectively, with the EGX30 benchmark index falling 0.37% to 13682 points, the EijiX70 index falling 1.11% to 695 points and the EGX100 index falling 1.27% to reach level of 1738 points.
The weekly report of the Egyptian Stock Exchange pointed to the increase in trading values ​​to reach 8.6 billion pounds by circulating 1.277 billion documents over 127,000 transactions.
Egyptian investors accounted for 62.33% of total transactions in the market, while non-Arab foreign investors accounted for 18.85% and Arabs for 18.81% after delisting.
Non-Arab foreign investors recorded net purchases of EGP 1.053 billion and Arab investors recorded net sales of EGP 436.56 million after delisting.
Institutions accounted for 55.88% of operations on the stock market, the rest of individuals being 44.12%, and institutions recorded net purchases of R $ 441.40 million after excluding transactions.
The report concluded that the total value of securities amounted to 1,878 million pounds, and that the total volume of bond trading over 1,854 million bonds.


Source link