Period Obstetrics Or period Post childbirth It is the period after birth About six weeksAnd this period includes physical and psychological changes of the mother to return to postpartum.
More: Things You Want to Know After Childbirth
Adequate rest after childbirth
Should get Adequate rest after childbirthThis can be Difficult at first The child will wake everything up. Two to three hours to breastfeedThen mother advised Sleeping in your baby's sleep, And is also advised to seek help from the parent or relatives in which, if necessary, as preferred Determine visits during the first two weeks after delivery Then you can rest properly.
Dealing With Postpartum Physical Changes Postpartum weight gain
- Not recommended Lose weight fast After birth, it is advisable to start Moderate exercise As your doctor allows, increase the duration and intensity of the exercise gradually.
- Weight Loss Needs Eat healthy and balanced meals Include Fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Help Breast-feeding Return to pre-gestational weight faster because Increases calorie burning.
Swelling and congestion of the breast After birth
Postpartum women may have swelling and breast congestion as a result Full of milkAnd to relieve pain and swelling is advisable Put compresses of cold or hot water On the chest.
Constipation after childbirth
For the treatment of constipation, Eat high-fiber foods To stimulate bowel activity, theDrink lots of water, Drinking water also helps Relieve problems of postpartum urination; But if you suffer from Incontinence, O Kegel Exercises It can strengthen the pelvic muscles.
Pelvic floor changes that occur during labor
The mother may experience changes in the pelvic floor during delivery.To treat this condition, women are advised to:
- Exercise Kegel exercises.
- Sit Governors.
- Legal area using Compress water or ice.
Night sweats after birth
Postpartum women may experience night sweats Sudden changes in hormones, To prevent night sweats from preferring Relieve blankets Over the bed while sleeping.
More: Eight reasons for night sweats
Postpartum uterine pain
Causes uterine contraction during labor Convulsions and painThe pain Retracting over time, Ask a doctor's question about Medications for pain during breastfeeding.
Postpartum vaginal discharge
The body gets rid of blood and tissue through vaginal discharge after 2-4 weeks delivery Preferably place Hygienic absorbents Suitable during this.
The use of tampons and vaginal lotion is prohibited up to 4-6 weeks after birth Or even allow the doctor to do so, because using these products increases the chance of infection of the uterus.
Check with your doctor As soon as possible, if you notice that there are Severe bleeding.
It is normal for a woman to go through a period called birth Baby blues That continues Some days after birth up to two weeks Postpartum, this type of depression occurs in about 70 to 80% From the outcome of women Hormonal changes You may complain about the following symptoms:
- Mood swings.
- Negative feelings.
- Unwarranted crying.
- Discomfort and discomfort.
More: Postpartum depression and its therapeutic measures
Adequate nutrition and optimal methods of weight reduction after birth
There are many changes that the body receives during pregnancy that are problematic for the particular mother Weight gain, The mother should learn that weight loss should be Gradually Not immediately after birth, once your doctor says everything is okay Exercise Start with moderate activity A few minutes a day, Then get up Increase the duration and intensity of the exercises gradually.
Weight loss depends on the Eat healthy balanced meals Including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy and protein. You must know that everything Or lose weight at a different speed from othersSo do not compare your weight loss efforts with others, and the mother should know that Breastfeeding helps to return to pre-gestational weight The faster it raises the daily calories burned.
It is important not to challenge the diet in an effort to lose weight very quickly, Give yourself at least 6 weeks before trying to lose weight. And if you Feed Your BabyYou'll need Slowly decrease your weight. Because weight loss that happens too quickly causes you to produce less milk than negatively reflects on your child.
Here are some tips to help you lose weight:
- Do not skip meals, eat 5-6 Small daily meals.
- National BreakfastIt will give you the energy to start your day and prevent you from feeling tired.
- Select Low-fat or low-fat dairy products.
- With the Snack containing fiber and protein, To help keep you full Peppers or carrots, apples sliced with peanut butter or a slice of toast with boiled eggs.
- Keep A bottle of water near the place where the child gave birth To remind you to drink water.
- Refrigerant limitHow this can prevent the process of weight loss.
- Limit sweet, sugar, saturated fats, unsaturated fats and carbohydrates.
- Following a low-calorie diet, especially for lactating women, it is not recommended, however. Reduce calorie consumption to 500 calories per day Safe and helps you lose a pound a week.
- Breastfeeding helps to lose weight after 3 months of birth It also helps support the baby's immune system and helps the uterus to return to normal size.
- With the Proteins Health as Eggs, nuts, fish, dairy products, It helps the metabolism and increases the feeling of fullness and reduced appetite.
- Avoid processed foods and canned foods, Where they contain a lot of sugar, fat, salt and calories.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, Where it reduces weight loss and it is possible to put a percentage of alcohol in breast milk.
- Exercise resistance exercises, It works to lose weight and maintain muscle mass and can help women maintain bone mineral density.
- Get Adequate rest and sleep.
- Try to get involved Support kits for weight loss.
Postpartum exercise not only helps you lose weight but also benefits you Adjusting mood, maintaining public health, protecting women from postpartum disorders. Exercise is recommended as soon as your doctor allows.
- It is not recommended to exercise violently with high impact for 3-4 months after birth.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights or wrinkling the abdomen.
- Exercise is recommended Walking, pelvic lifting exercises, aerobic activities, aerobic exercises, swimming, aerobic exercises when bleeding is stopped and yoga.
On the other hand, these symptoms persist For more than two weeks Indicates status Baby blues That affect the mother's relationship with her family, lack of interest in the new baby, and the mother has ideas to harm her child.
Postpartum depression is a medical condition that requires immediate medical treatment, where it can last up to 20 years. One or more years. It is advisable to consult your doctor immediately if you continue to have depression More than two weeks Or in the case Ideas about child abuse.
Eliminate stretch marks after delivery
Speak Stretch marks When the skin changes rapidly due to Growth or weight gain, Both men and women can get stretch marks, it is worth mentioning that Pregnancy and puberty These are the most common times to get stretch marks.
Here are some tips that can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks and help them disappear faster:
- Place Specialized cream for stretch marks with massage Daily from the onset of stretch marks as it helps heal marks on the deep layers of the skin, keeping the upper layers smooth and fresh.
- Place Cream contains hyaluronic acid.
- Place Cream contains tretinoin Under the supervision of a physician.
- Job Chemical peeling When a dermatologist.
- Treatment Laser.
- Daily moisturizer Using different skin moisturizers.
- Put aloe vera or cactus In the stretch marks.
- Massage Streaks using Coconut oil or olive oil.
- Massage Streaks using Black tea.
- Scrub and peel the skin Using White sugar For 5 minutes.
- Place Lemon juice In streaks with Massage of circular shape.
- UseEgg Whites Then insert the splines Wash well for one month.
More: Stretch marks during pregnancy
Your dynamics can change with your partner after birth and you have Low sexual desire. It is recommended that you wait for intercourse, even Four to six weeks From birth, where the risk of postpartum complications, such as Inflammation, increased bleeding or reopening of the tissue that healed, It is the highest during the first two weeks, but the wait will give your body more time to heal.
Indicates Change the color of red secretions And not appearing in colorFor bright red For Safety of sexual intercourse To some extent, however, there are situations that may require a longer wait before sexual intercourse, as in the case of vaginal rupture and some vulvas. In general, intercourse can be resumed Stop bleeding, heal the vagina and vulva and prepare the woman physically and emotionallyAnd it varies from woman to woman.
Pregnancy after childbirth
It should be noted that the practice of sexual intercourse after birth requires a reliable method ContraceptionThe mother should be aware that Breastfeeding is not a contraceptive method, Therefore, you should consult your doctor to choose the appropriate contraceptive, where the choice of contraceptive depends on the state of breastfeeding and the period after birth, and to reduce health problems and complications it is advisable to wait 18 to 24 months Before you try the next upload.
Get ready Breastfeeding is one of the most important natural methods of contraceptionBut this does not guarantee contraception. Although breastfeeding may reduce the likelihood of fertilization, it is not an absolute contraceptive unless the child does not drink liquids or foods other than breast milk, even water.
In the case of return of the menstrual cycle during breastfeeding, breastfeeding can not be used to prevent pregnancy, and it is important to follow a Suitable contraceptives.
Women's self-interest and health after birth
- Do not carry heavy objects. Especially in the case Caesarean.
- Ask for help from family and friends When cooking meals, helping with laundry, other household chores, or babysitting.
- Wash your hands often Before feeding the baby after changing diapers after entering the bathroom.
- Limit climbing stairs Especially during the first week after birth.
- Keep childcare simple Where the child does not need to bathe every day, you can only scan the child's hands and face and change the diaper daily.
- GA periodic patrol of the doctor within 4 to 6 weeks after delivery Some doctors may want to schedule a visit as soon as possible, such as two weeks after giving birth.
- Refrain from sexual activity even after the first examThe doctor will say that it is good to have sex again when the wound is healed or the abdominal scar is cured after cesarean delivery and when postpartum bleeding is minimal.
- Work at Discuss birth control and contraception options with a specialist during the first postnatal examination. Although menopause is stopped during breastfeeding, you may still get pregnant.
- You must continue Eat vitamins every day.
- Drink 8 glasses of liquid per day Water, juice and milk are good choices.
Date Added: 2019-05-18 17:35:56 | Modified date: 2019-05-18 22:49:48 | Views: 0
Share this article with your friends
Dr. Radhad Murad, PhD in Pharmacy
Doctor in Pharmacy
Pharmacist, graduated from the University of Science and Technology, worked as a clinical pharmacist at the University of Science and Technology and now works as a writer on medical and health topics.
This article "Women's Health After Childbirth" is derived from the "medical" website, and does not reflect the site's policy or point of view in any way, and that liability lies with the news or authenticity of the source of the original news is a doctor.