Nthe telecommunication universe is new as of today. Operators are obliged to include a minimum of information in the invoices that they make available to their customers. The goal is to make communication between business and customers clearer.
These more detailed invoices will have to be made available to consumers at no additional cost, according to the Autoridade Nacional de Comunicações (ANACOM), whatever the medium used.
Here are the elements that must appear on the invoice as of this Saturday:
Subscriber identification information and billing period
- The customer number or equivalent identifier
- The trade name (s) of the billed service (s)
- The billing period
Elements of verification and control, based on up-to-date information, of the costs of the services and communications
- The total invoice amount
- The price related to the installation and activation of the service (s)
- The price related to the purchase or rental of the equipment requested when contracting or after the start of the service provision (s), indicating the corresponding unit (s) billed (s)
- The price relative to the monthly or reference period that serves as the basis for the billing, indicating the service (s)
- The value for service (s) and other additional charge (s) not included in the monthly price or the reference period that serves as the basis for the billing, identifying the corresponding (s) ) category (s) and quantity (s) invoiced (s)
- The value for additional communications (calls and messages, including for non-geographic numbers, Internet traffic, among others) not included in the monthly price or reference period that serves as the basis for billing, identifying the corresponding ) category (s) and, where applicable, amount (s) billed (s)
- The amount of discounts applied in the billing, as well as the debits and credits of the subscriber, duly broken down and justified, to indicate in an autonomous way, whenever applicable
- The amount of charges made by the subscriber and consumptions made, balances carried forward from previous billing periods and balances existing at the end of the billing period, which may still be carried over to the next period
Information on how long the costs will be borne if the contract has an associated loyalty period
- The loyalty end date
Information on charges due at the date of issue of the invoice for termination of the contract at the initiative of the subscriber before the end of the loyalty
- Charges due at the date of issue of the invoice for termination of the contract at the initiative of the subscriber before the end of the loyalty
Elements that allow the subscriber to know in what terms and how much time they have to pay the invoice, and in case of doubt or disagreement as to the amount to be paid, how to contact the service provider and exercise their right to complain
- Customer service contact numbers
- The payment deadline
- The means of payment allowed
- The reference to the possibility of a challenge by the subscriber of the amounts billed, the period foreseen for this purpose, and the means by which he can do so with the company providing the service (s), explaining that the suspension of the service The service does not take place in situations where invoice amounts are the object of a written complaint to the company on the grounds that the debt is non-existent or unenforceable
- The reference to the possibility of exercising the right of complaint through the complaints book, and companies can fulfill this obligation by indicating, on the invoice, the Internet site where the complaint book is available in electronic form.
Always be the first to know.
Track the website elected for the second consecutive year Consumer Choice.
Download our free App.