Pharmacy "Słoneczko" from the town of Zduny in the province. Łódź is experiencing an explosion of popularity. She owes her the fact that she sold an expensive drug and the receipt was used by opposition politicians to fight the government. "The phones are broken, we can't work normally" – complains the pharmacist "Sunshine".
The most famous receipt and pharmacy that all of Poland knew during the pre-election debate. "We can't work normally" (East News, Photo: East News, WP / Paweł Orlikowski)
– Honestly, it's getting boring. We haven't done anything since morning, we just answer the phone and we can't answer patients normally. Even the television must talk to the manager – tells us a pharmacist who works at the "Sunshine" pharmacy in Zdunach, in the province. Lodz The facility is experiencing a surge of popularity – it was the receipt for this pharmacy made famous throughout Poland.
Read also: Remedy for a thousand zloty or for 3.20?
On Tuesday morning, Internet users began massively sharing a photo showing a receipt for an alarming amount. Someone paid PLN 2082.36 for Valcyte – powder for oral solution. Two sachets were purchased – each worth 1041 PLN 18 PLN, the drug should serve a transplanted child.
More precisely, the drug went to Szymon, 4, who underwent a family liver transplant. The child has not received reimbursement because she is awaiting specialist exams, which will only be approved in late October and without them, they will not get relief from the drug. His mother, Małgorzata, runs a fundraising event for this purpose at portalamsam.pl.
The photo description directly hit Law and Justice. "Look, the effect of a good change. For a child after transplantation … and so PiS defends the fetus, and where is the concern for the sick, who are already born?" – This text appeared in virtually all shared photos.
The drug price storm has begun not only among Internet users, politicians have begun to argue about it. On her Twitter, the photo of the receipt was shared by MP PO Borys Budka, who represented the Civic Coalition during Tuesday's pre-election debate on TVP. In the studio, on the live program, he presented a receipt printed on an A4 sheet. He called the receipt "a shame."
Watch: Boris Budka takes the "note of shame"
Mr PO asukasz Szumowski was not in debt. Guarantees that the medicine is reimbursed and costs PLN 3.20 for children. "Health is a very serious topic to deceive Poles. We are waiting for an apology" – wrote the head of the ministry of health on Twitter.
Read also: Remedy for oral infections withdrawn from the market
So why this price? Everything is explained by a pharmacist from the pharmacy "Sunshine", the most famous in Poland.
– It's nothing special. Not every medicine is reimbursed, these are ministry guidelines. The drug was sold and released correctly – he says in an interview with WP Finanse.
The seriousness of the matter was felt by the Ministry of Health, which decided to issue a special message about this particular drug. We read that "the fixed rate for the patient for the drug Valcyte is 3 PLN 20 gr. The conditions of your purchase are the same as September 2015. The drug is available at this price, if prescribed according to the indication included in the list. reimbursed medicines, foods for specific nutritional uses, and medical devices. "
In addition, the "scope of indications covered by the refund" includes:
– cytomegalovirus infection in patients undergoing parenchymal organ transplantation – prophylaxis after completing the transplant-associated hospitalization within 110 days after transplantation – in the case of documented contraindications to the use of valganciclovir in solid oral dosage form;
– Cytomegalovirus infection in patients undergoing kidney transplantation – Prophylaxis after completion of transplant-associated hospitalization within 200 days after transplantation – In the case of documented contraindications to the use of solid oral oral valganciclovir
In turn, the scope of the "non-registration indications covered by the refund" included:
– cytomegalovirus infection in patients undergoing limb, cornea, bone marrow, tissue or cell transplants – prophylaxis after completing transplant-associated hospitalization within 110 days after transplantation – in the case of documented contraindications to valganciclovir as solid oral pharmaceutical;
– cytomegalovirus infection following organ or bone marrow transplantation – treatment – in the case of documented contraindications to the use of valganciclovir in solid oral pharmaceutical form;
– Ebstein-Barr virus infection following organ or bone marrow transplantation – treatment – in the case of documented contraindications to the use of valganciclovir in a solid oral dosage form.
Do you have news, photos or videos? Email us via histor.wp.pl