HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, today announced that users of Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 6.1 are buying the updated Android 9 Foot.
Packed with the latest Google software and based on the features of Android 8.0 Oreo ™, the Android 9 Pie features artificial intelligence and machine learning to give owners a more personalized and personalized experience.
Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 6.1, enhanced with Android One, are the latest Nokia smartphones in the last month to receive the Android 9 Pie after Nokia 7 Plus. Upgrading from Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 6.1 is part of HMD Global's promise to continue to deliver a pure, secure and up-to-date Android experience. The latest updates come with a clean and quick user interface, delivering the latest innovation from Google. In addition, each Android ™ One Nokia smartphone will receive monthly security updates for a period of three years and operating system updates for two years.
Per Ekman, Asia Pacific Vice President of HMD Global, said: "We are pleased to announce the update of Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 6.1 for Android 9 Pie, in addition to Nokia 7 Plus, which was updated in October . Nokia smartphones are poised for the future as seen in our commitment to provide our fans with new updates to the operating system and Android pure, secure and up to date. With the Android 9 Pie, we're also proud to offer an experience where our fans get the most out of their Android phones. "
Shannon Mead, Country Manager, Philippines, HMD Global, said: "At HMD Global, we focus on mobile innovation that is reliable. This comes with the goal of creating phones as long-term companions that have a positive impact on the way of life of our customers. For Nokia's Filipino fans, we will continue to offer the best Android experience, design and craftsmanship perfect at all price points. "
Nokia 6.1 Plus
The Nokia 6.1 Plus has enjoyed unprecedented success since its release, selling at a record pace and receiving high praise for its full-screen design with a full HD + 19: 9 screen rate, which enables an impressive immersive content experience . Now with the additional update of Android ™ 9 Pie, fans can test a whole new set of features, including App Actions, a unique feature on Android One devices and Google Pixel phones.
Powered by a Qualcomm® Snapdragon ™ 636 processor, the Nokia 6.1 Plus is faster than ever. Its impressive 3060mAh battery gets an added boost with the introduction of the Adaptive Battery, which uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritizes battery power in the most important applications.
Nokia smartphones that received the update of Android 9 Pie are also among the first non-Pixel devices to receive a sample preview of the Digital Wellbeing Beta, which is now available for testing on Google Play for devices running on Android 9 Foot .
Digital Wellbeing's new features will help encourage screen time intervals. New features include highlighting device time on the phone panel, setting application time limits, and Wind Down mode, which slows down the phone to grayscale and activates Do Not Disturb at a pre-determined time at night.
Powered by a Qualcomm® Snapdragon ™ 630 Mobile Platform, the Nokia 6.1 is more than 60% faster than its predecessor. The Nokia 6.1 is also equipped with Dual-Sight, ZEISS optics, USB-C Fast Charging, Nokia Spatial Audio and Pure, Safe and Updated Android.
Selected to join Google's Android One family, Nokia 6.1 users can have exclusive access to app actions, a feature available only for Android One and Google Pixel devices. Application actions help users get things done faster by predicting the next move and displaying the right action right away.
Just like the Nokia 6.1 Plus, the already impressive battery life of the Nokia 6.1 is complemented by the adaptive Android 9-foot battery.
Key Features of Android 9 Foot
· Application Actions: helps you get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
· Slices – Identifies relevant information from your favorite apps to make them more accessible when you need them
· Adaptive Battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritize battery power in important applications
· Adaptive Brightness – Automatically adapts the brightness of the phone by learning with its interactions with different settings
· New Navigation system – Features a single start button that provides smart predictions and suggestions (user-activated)
Digital wellness resources available from September 2018
· Control panel – highlights screen time and phone usage, including how many times the device has been unlocked and the number of notifications received
· Application timers – set time limits on application usage
· Disable and do not disturb – Set a daily schedule to prepare the phone for bed. Its screen fades in grayscale, while Do Not Disturb mute notifications for a restful sleep. You can enable Do Not Disturb when you want to disconnect.
Participate in Digital Wellbeing's beta labs by visiting Nokia's beta labs and registering for the upgrade.