Microsoft Word is the most famous text editing program in the world and undoubtedly the most used. This 2018 has completed 35 years in the market and although it is one of the most downloaded software, you probably do not know all the tools offered by this computer system, so in this note we give 20 tricks and shortcuts to become a specialist. In addition, they will help you improve your office productivity.
1. auto save
One of the biggest disasters that can happen to you after having invested a good number of hours writing a document is to close it without saving it.
Fortunately, Word has an automatic rescue system and is very easy to use.
File> Options> Save, check the "Save self-healing information" box and indicate how many minutes you want Word to automatically save your work.
2. Recover closed files without saving
This will depend on the version of Word you have. But if you have a previous version, then the option is something more hidden.
You have to go to the menu option File> Recent and look at the bottom of the screen, where we can find a link with the option "Retrieve documents without saving". This will open a file browser window in the path C: Users User AppData Local Microsoft Office UnsavedFiles, which is the one used by Office to save documents that are closed unexpectedly and from where we can retrieve them.
3. Translate a document or text into another language
To translate a text into Word, we select the text that we want to translate to another language and, from the menu option Review> Language> Translate, we choose the option that interests us and in which language we want to translate.
4. Protect a document with a password
If you want to protect your most important documents so they do not spy on you, you can give them a password. To do this, at the moment of saving the document, we will go to File> Save as and within the dialog that opens below, we display the options in Tools and choose General Options. Then a window will open, where we can indicate the opening and writing password of the Word document.
5. How to read in Word
To activate the read mode, we must access the menu option View> Read mode, while, to return to normal mode, simply access Vista> Edit document.
6. Paste text from a Web without formatting
If you want to paste a text from a web or another document that has a format other than what you are working, then you must paste the contents of the clipboard, we have to display the options of the toolbar that is shown and within the options by choosing "Keep text only".
7. Cut an image inside Word without using another program
To do this, we select the image and, under Image Tools> Format> Size, we will find the option to cut.
8. Create a backup copy of the Word document
If you are worried that your machine will fail at some point and you are afraid of losing your documents then you can back up your files. What you need to do is go to File> Options> Advanced and look under the Save the "Always create backup" section.
9. Remember which page you stayed on
Microsoft Word remembers where you left off when viewing and editing a document, and you can easily return to that location by clicking the page marker icon that appears on the scroll bar. If it does not appear in your version of Word, you can achieve the same by pressing the Shift + F5 keys on the keyboard at the same time.
10. Add links much faster
Creating links to web pages in a Word document is not too difficult. First you must select the text, then go to the Insert tab, click Links, and finally Link. There is a faster mode by pressing Control + Alt + K on the keyboard at the same time (or Control + K if your Office is in English).
11. Change the mouse pointer to the Office logo
We simply have to open Word and press the key combination Ctrl + Alt + the "+" key on the numeric keypad. To return to the mouse pointer by default, press this key combination again and close the dialog box that appears.
How to download Microsoft Word for free legally?
You want to get the full service of Microsoft Office enjoy all the benefits that Word can give to your work? Then you can download the free trial for a month and access all Office 365.
The free trial gives you access to all Office 365 Home features:
– Premium versions of Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote and Outlook, plus Publisher and Access for Windows PC).
– Share with your whole family: for a maximum of 6 people.
– For use on multiple PCs, Macs, tablets and phones
– 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage per person, so you can save documents, photos and videos online and access them from virtually anywhere.
– Detection of ransomware and recovery of files
– Synchronize and share securely
– Collaborate on documents with others online
– Technical support by chat or telephone with Microsoft specialists
What steps should I follow to sign up for the trial?
– Create a Microsoft account or log in to it. What is a Microsoft account?
– Provides payment information to enable future annual payments. International credit cards and PayPal (in some markets) are accepted.
– Payment will be made automatically with the payment method you specify at the end of the first free month to ensure that you have no disruption to the service. You can unsubscribe online without penalty before the end of the trial period by visiting www.office.com/myaccount and disabling automatic renewal in the billing and payment area.
– After confirming the payment method, you will be transferred to www.office.com/myaccount to install Office.
How to buy Microsoft Word?
After you use the trial month, you can purchase a Microsoft Office 365 service pack that ships with Microsoft Word.
If it goes to your home, you can buy the S / 289.99 plan for one year and you can use the up to 5 users package.
Benefits of Obtaining an Annual Microsoft Office 365 Package
– Get the latest premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Access and Publisher with instant access to new features every month.
– Get 1 TB (1024 GB) of OneDrive cloud storage per person with ransomware detection and file retrieval to securely store, edit, and share documents, photos and more from anywhere on all your devices.
– View, edit, and create documents with enhanced formatting and co-authoring capabilities optimized for mobile phones and tablets.
– Available on PC, Mac, Windows tablets, Windows phones, iOS, Android 2
– Keep in touch with friends and family around the world with 60 minutes per month of Skype calls to landlines and mobile phones.
– As an Office 365 subscriber, get help directly from Microsoft trained experts, by phone or chat, at no additional cost.