– We expect more visitors for Easter week than the other way around. Figures so far show that Monday and Tuesday are already better than 5,000 visitors yesterday, says Kai Lyche, general manager of Oslo Street Food, the newly opened food hall in Torggata for the E24.
Communications Manager Hege Ramseng at the Brewery and Drinks Association also says there are many who choose the city of Easter.
– There are several who celebrate Easter in the city, and in connection with the fact that Easter arrives later this year, there are several who stay in the city. When the weather is good, there are more people who want to eat outdoors. Also, there is a great expectation of sitting in the shade of the sun in the cabin and having a cold beer, she says.
Events at Easter
The big cities have several events that happen at Easter. In Oslo, among other things, the Inferno festival is on schedule.
"It's going to completely exhausted events, so we expect up to five thousand people to come in four days," says Runar Pettersen, the festival's press director.
The aquarium in Bergen reports good Easter numbers so far.
– We had about 1,000 visitors on Mondays and Tuesdays, and we have some Easter activities with egg hunting, knowledge competition and different tests of eggs and Easter. Outdoor activities with good weather and a very popular playground contribute to this, says director Aslak Sverdrup.
Many in the mountains
Daily Manager of the Association of Alpine Landscapes, Camilla Sylling, Clausen tells E24 that there was great excitement about how conditions came to be during Easter.
"There are good conditions in the mountains." It may not seem so if you sit inside Oslo. Most people keep all the slopes and elevators open this week.
In addition, she says it is difficult to say how the number of visitors stays at Easter and points out that there are still more people who have not decided completely.
– There was free capacity at the main destinations that provide reservation numbers. They reported a spare capacity of 15 to 20 percent a week before Easter. It is important to note that this is without Airbnb and other services, she says.
DNT reports that cabins have so far had 7,515 overnight guests.
– On Wednesday of Easter week, we are in the same number of visitors as last year, although this year's Easter is three weeks later. Easter huts are guaranteed space, and while many are already on the mountain, DNT's cabins have room for more guests at Easter, says communications adviser Monica Hägglund Langen.
Ole Jørgen Lind told TV2 that there were good prospects for this year's Easter trade.
– Sounds pretty good, Easter is at the end of the year and many are free. It is well suited for a good Easter, he told the newspaper.
Industrial organization Virke Handel also said it looks like this year's border trade will set a record.
"It is the end of this year's Easter, many may choose to be less on the mountain than they would have been and we see that Swedish stores market their offerings intensely in the Norwegian media and on posters in the urban landscape," said director Harald Andersen.