After Brann's controversial defeat to the Viking, Fire leader Rune Soltvedt asked quarantines for judges with poor performance. Judge Commander Terje Hauge seems to have finished a little.
See, finally, good news about Rosenborg: Anders Trondsen is harmless
– If a goalkeeper awards a goal, if an attacker loses an open goal, will he be quarantined? This is not comparable and I have strong opinions about it. If the judges do something that is not within the regulations, they will be quarantined. But on the track it is human to fail, says Judge Terje Hauge.
He responds to Brenn's sporting leader, Soltvedt, who asks for consequences for judges who perform weak matches. The games come after Brann's 2-1 loss to Viking, where the people of Bergen felt cheated by up to three penalties by Judge Ola Hobber Nilsen. Later he learned that the next round of Hobber Nilsen will judge the meeting between Rosenborg and Strømsgodset.
See the Elite series and the OBOS league directly on Dplay and Eurosport Player
– We understand that the judges are wrong but we think and that should be considered if they can stay in quarantine just as a club can be punished and the players. Now it is the case that the judges, regardless of how they present themselves, decide whether they will judge the next match, Soltvedt tells VG, after first showing the debate in Bergens Tidende.
Hobber Nilsen himself said this about the controversies:
– Not random
Hauge believes the timing is not random, and believes that Brann should focus on future games. Hauge also asks that the judges have the opportunity.
"I understand the consequences are desired, but I know the best thing for Hobber Nilsen is to go back and judge." But if it is bad over time, it will have consequences. It is important with self-confidence, self-esteem, and a struggle is not enough to have great consequences.
He believes it takes ten to fifteen years to build a judge and it is out of the question to break him because of a weak fight. Instead, it returns to Soltvedt.
– I think the timing is bad. If Rune Soltvedt had come to me in Ullevaal and got him, I would applaud him. Instead, he knows me in the media and I think little about it.
Background: Hobber Nilsen can decide whether to judge Lerkendal's agreement
Soltvedt, on the other hand, emphasizes that the play is not about the Viking fight in particular, but the NFF and the overall system.
– We understand that the judges should be allowed to return, but I think it will be more accepted outside the clubs if the judges get a consequence. I also think the judges are alight that there will be consequences if someone does not judge well enough and needs to work back here, believes the fire leader.
Firefighter Lars Arne Nilsen was harsh after the aforementioned fight against the Viking, and asked the judges of the Eliteserie to go to the training camp, believed that the fire training had better judges than they were served.
– On Sunday I spoke with (Judge) Terje Hauge, we asked for consequences. But I do not think our statements in the media are met with applause, Soltvedt acknowledges.
He probably has that right.
See more statistics for the Elite series on VG Live.
Commercial cooperation: discount codes