A teenager said her throat swelled up and she was left covered in rashes after claiming to have suffered an allergic reaction when eating at McDonald's wrap.
Jade Davies, 18, from Garston, was visiting the New Mersey Retail Park branch when she ordered a barbecue, bacon and chicken wrap on October 6.
She claimed she asked staff to remove any trace of tomato due to an allergy she suffers.
But when she bit into the wrap, Jade claims her throat started to swell and she broke out in hives.
Jade said: "As soon as I bit into the wrap, I tasted tomato …
"At first I was panicking, I had been to the walk-in center the day before and was on oxygen as my allergies can trigger my asthma.
"When I bit into the tomato, I didn't know if my airwaves would become blocked and my eyes would start to puff."
"I felt a tingling sensation, like an itch in the back of my throat which was swelling.
"That's when my boyfriend started to say that my face had gone bright red and had also started swelling."
But Jade says that if she hadn't taken an antihistamine that morning, her reaction could have been more severe.
She said: "I would have had to use my epipen and potentially go to A&E if it got any worse."
When Jade went to confront the manager of the branch, she says she was told that there was 'nothing they could do'.
Jade said: "I was offered a refund and a replacement of my meal, but this is not good enough."
However, Jade claims this is not the first time she has suffered an allergic reaction after McDonald's crew members added tomato to her order.
She said: "On September 8, I ordered a wrap and asked for no tomato, but they put it on.
Jason emailed McDonald's customer service, who apologized for the incident, offered a £ 5 voucher and said 'we are confident that you will see improvements on future visits'.
Jade said: "They said there would be 'improvements on our future visit' yet it happened again.
"I just want to raise awareness, all I want to say to people to start checking their food, there needs to be something done about it as they are not doing enough.
"I'm starting to worry now when I eat, I have to check the food. I don't know whether I would take the risk to go back."
McDonald's spokesperson told the ECHO: "We'd like to apologize to this customer for their experiences with this restaurant.
"We have a number of procedures in place to avoid inaccurate orders and are disappointed that these were not followed.
"All the staff in the restaurant have been reminded of the procedure to take when serving a customer with allergens.
"The customer is currently in contact with our Customer Services Team in order to find a resolution."