The Fortnite 8.40 update is live
Fortnite update 8.40 update notes were unveiled by Epic Games.
The latest Fortnite update is released during a period of server downtime on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and Android.
The update will also be available on iOS devices, although Epic warns that there may be a delay.
"We are working with Apple to certify our latest patch," says an Epic post. "There may be a delay until the update is available on the App Store after the idle time is up, we will update it as soon as possible."
The new Fortnite upgrade introduces the Air Royale time-limited game mode. Playable in duos, teams will be eliminated by touching the ground.
The food fighting mode also comes to Fortnite. With lava rising from the ground, teams must protect their mascot, before attempting to eliminate the rival mascot when the danger has passed.
The egg launcher is also back, while the infantry launcher can be found in epic and legendary variants.
You can check the complete notes of the Fortnite patch below …
Fortnite Infantry Rifle
LIMITED TIME MODE: AIR ROYALE
• Climb aboard a plane and take it to the skies in this fast mode where players fight to be the last to fly!
• Air Royale is taking off as a Duos-only mode.
• Each plane has 3 lives, players will reappear until they lose the life of the plane.
• Touching the ground will instantly eliminate players.
• Parking an airplane on the ground for more than a few seconds will cause it to explode – stay in the air!
• Kidnapping another team's airplane will add that plane to its existing life on the plane (and it will cost the team that missed the plane a lifetime).
• The storm has a roof that gradually decreases during the game. Be careful not to fly too high at the end of the game!
• Loot boxes of five different rarities will fall from the sky, allowing players to upgrade the weapons they are carrying, as well as boosting the guns of their aircraft for a short period of time.
• To receive the contents of a chest, simply fly through it.
• If players receive a loot from a chest containing a weapon they already have the same quality or worse, they will receive additional ammunition.
• Upper quality weapons chests automatically replace the lower quality weapon being transported.
• Floating repair kits can also be found, they heal damaged aircraft and provide health and shields to players.
LIMITED TIME MODE: FOOD FIGHT – DEEP FRIED
• Two teams on both sides of the map. A huge barrier in the middle. Lava rising steadily from below. Build a fort to protect your restaurant mascot. When the Barrier drops, destroy the enemy mascot and then eliminate the remaining enemies to win the game!
• An insurmountable barrier will be generated along the center of the map for the first few minutes. The lava begins to rise below the map a few minutes after departure.
• Each team will have a restaurant under construction near the center of the map. Inside is a giant mascot head representing that team.
• If the mascot's head is destroyed, this team loses the ability to reappear when eliminated.
• Players should use as long as the barrier is ready to build a defensive fortress around their restaurant.
• As soon as the barrier drops, fight to get the mascot out before it destroys yours!
• The special supply of red drops at the beginning of the match. These contain a handful of weapons, ammunition, consumables, traps, and a few hundred metal building materials.
• Players reappear when eliminated, keeping their inventory and losing ammunition and resources.
• 100% extra resources are obtained from agriculture.
• The creation of resources found in the field increased from 30 to 50 per instance.
• No weapon or explosive item is in this mode.
• A small amount of free building materials is awarded to each player every second.
• Restaurants are now much higher, requiring players to develop with them.
• The best food to win!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
• Everyone's favorite themed grenade launcher skin is back!
• This is just a visual change for the Grenade Launcher.
• Added epic and legendary infantry rifle variants.
• Deals 42/44 damage.
• Can be found on floors, chests, supplies and vending machines.
• Use medium ammunition.
• Now you can pet the dog … and other pets!
• The Battle Pass Friend XP Bonus has been updated!
• Instead of giving a small increase in EXP to each friend in your group, you now receive a larger increase in EXP to feast with one or more friends.
• Total XP Bonus remains the same (120%) and now it will be much easier to stay active
• In short, play any match with any number of friends and you will receive the same amount of EXP as someone who played with a full team of friends who have the battle pass.
Fixed an issue where the trailer for Season 8 did not work in some cases.
• Fixed a problem where the embers of environmental fires were delayed if the floor to which they were trapped was destroyed.
• Fixed problem where coconuts could not be dripped.
• Fixed an issue where the turbo building could stop if you did not have the current type of material you were using.
• Fixed a problem with traps being placed inside the walls, making them difficult to see.
• Fixed a problem with traps being placed inconsistently when placed automatically.
• Fixed "Emotes" not playing when connected to specific keys.
• Fixed a problem when using "Last Replay Emote" before using any other emote, so it now plays the emote in the standard slot.
• Resolved a performance regression occurring on PCs with CPUs with less than four cores.
• If you are still experiencing performance problems on your PC, try manually adding "NoRHIThread" to the Epic Games Launcher settings for Fortnite.
ART + ANIMATION
• Increased the size and intensity of the Boom Bow blast effects to better represent the radius of damage.
• Set the recharge time attenuation of the reset reset and the loop reset loop audio so that it is not too high.
• Fixed a problem that would cause the shotgun to occasionally outfit sounds so as not to play.
We are working with Apple to certify our latest patch. There may be a delay before the update is available in the App Store when the idle time is finished. We will update you as soon as possible.
– Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 17, 2019
• Mimic! When viewing your emote, there is now an option that appears if you are looking for another player who has an emoticon of your own, so you can play the same emoticon.
• By hiding the HUD elements in the options, some of them now collapse to free up the space they were occupying – the mini-map, for example.
• There is now a HUD user interface option to hide vehicle control tips.
• The Victory Mode Victory Limited screen is no longer pushed out of place in the mobile / Switch.
• Fixed an issue where drone speed was not saved when rubbing
• Fixed an issue where removing a repeat while in Drone Attach mode resulted in the camera being left behind.
• Upgraded Baller controls in standard and custom HUDs.
• Baller controls are available to be adjusted in the HUD Layout Tool for custom HUD players.
• Audio outboard indicators will no longer be displayed to players in the same vehicle.
• Fixed an issue with the Android application icon being displayed incorrectly.
• Fixed a problem with voice chat while watching
• The Push-To-Talk button is also no longer hidden while watching
• Fixed an issue where Auto-run was not enabled on vehicles.
• Fixed an issue where the description of the reboot card was missing.
• Fixed an issue where the Arena overview pane was not showing.
• Fixed a problem with the FPS counter being shown twice.
• Fixed an issue where the weapon icon was not displayed in the inventory options bar sometimes.
• Fixed an issue where textures appeared extended when on a creative island.
• Fixed a problem that displayed a check mark icon on certain vehicle commands.
• Fixed a problem where a second storm wall would appear in the desert biome during the first shutdown period.
• Fixed an issue where some chests could not be opened.
• Fixed problems where weak wifi interrupted the gameplay and could cause some disconnections.