Anass Doukkali launched on Thursday Operation Riaya 2018-2019 for health coverage for the inhabitants of the areas affected by the cold wave and snowfall. Launched according to the Royal Instructions, this operation will be carried out from November 15 to March 30, with the objective of guaranteeing the continuity of health services in these regions, in accordance with the guidelines of the Health Plan 2025, particularly its component in strengthening health services. primary health care services and the network of medical and social institutions and the development of mobile health in rural areas.
Doukkali presented the measures taken by his department in this context, stressing that this operation targets 28 provinces in 7 regions, with the aim of ensuring better assistance to residents of remote areas through local health services. This operation also aims to intensify the activities of the mobile medical units at the meeting points of the inhabitants identified at the level of these regions and to ensure the management of the cases detected, through the specialized medical caravans and the reference hospitals designated in the measure. to ensure the handling of urgent cases, the minister noted. In order to carry out this operation, measures have been taken to guarantee the availability of human resources, equipment and means of transportation at the level of 360 health centers in the areas concerned. As a goal, conduct 4,248 field visits by mobile medical units.
Here are the main figures for the Riaya operation:
– 28 provinces in 7 target regions :
Chefchaouen, Larache, Ouazzane and Al Hoceima (Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima);
Figuig, Taourirte, Driouech, Oujda-Angad, Jerrada and Guercif (Oriental);
Beni Mellal, Azilal and Khénifra (Beni Mellal-Khénifra);
Midelt, Ouarzazate, Tinghir, Zagora and Errachidia (Daraâ-Tafilalet);
Boulmane, Sefrou, Ifrane, Taza and Taounate (Fez-Meknes);
Taroudante, Chtouka Ait Baha and Tata (Souss-Massa);
Al-Haouz, Chichaoua (Marrakech-Safi).
– 360 Health centers covering the areas targeted will be strengthened in human resources, equipment and means of transportation..
– 4.248 Field visits planned by mobile medical units.
– 163 Scheduled medical caravans programmed to meet the identified needs for medical and treatment services.
– 2.488 mobilized health professionals (doctors, pharmacists, nurses, technicians and administrative staff).
– Exceptional budget of 5 MDH for medicines and medical equipment, released by the central services of the Ministry of Health (in addition to the annual provincial budget).
– Exceptional budget of 800,000 DH allocated by the central services of the Ministry of Health, to cover fuel needs and maintenance of mobile units.