Raspberry Pi Foundation has launched its renewed Raspberry Pi 4, which offers higher performance, high performance Gigabit Ethernet, up to 4GB of RAM and compatibility with up to two 4K screens.
Raspberry Pi 4 improves performance, RAM up to 4GB and support for two 4K screens
This sounds like an expensive update. Is not RaspBerry Pi supposed to be cheap? Do not worry, it still is. Raspberry Pi 4 will be sold for only $ 35, with 1 GB, 2 GB and 4 GB of RAM, to offer a balance between low price and expanded hardware features.
O RaspBerry Pi 4 It also includes two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports and support for a USB 3.0 power input, which supports an additional 500mA current, allowing the use of powerful USB devices, even under high CPU loads. The Pi 4 also goes to use the Micro HDMI to support two screens.
These are the most important specifications of RaspBerry Pi 4
- CPU quad-core ARM Cortex-A72 64-bit at 1.5 GHz (~ 3 × performance)
- 1 GB ($ 35 / £ 33), 2 GB ($ 45 / £ 43) or 4 GB ($ 55 / £ 53) SDRAM LPDDR4
- Full-performance Gigabit Ethernet
- 802.11ac Dual-Band Wireless Networks
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports
- Dual monitor compatibility with resolutions up to 4K
- VideoCore VI graphics, compatible with OpenGL ES 3.x
- HEVC 4Kp60 video hardware decoding
- Full compatibility with previous products RaspBerry Pi
The processor BCM2711 Cortex-A72 is a new chip to replace the Cortex-A53 cores. This may allow Pi 4 to offer 2 and 4 times more performance than Pi 3+, depending on the task.
RaspBerry Pi 4 is now available for purchase.