November 18, 2018
The most famous Disney mouse is celebrating for its 90 years.
Since his first appearance on November 18, 1928 in the short film "Mickey Mouse: Steamboat Willie," the mouse emerged from the imagination of Walt Disney did not stop growing in popularity and throughout his 90 years of life accumulated many data curious
"The Mickey Story" offers all sorts of curiosities, including the character description of its creator: "Mickey is determined, persistent, good, gentle, has good will and always lovely, though sometimes ridiculous in his clumsy deeds."
CELEBRATE THESE DATA:
– "Steamboat Willie" needed about 10,000 designs for its 7-minute and a half minutes.
From his first appearance until 1958, Mickey's voice was that of Walt Disney.
– Between 1928 and 1934 Mickey was a black and white drawing and his first color appearance was in 1935 in the short "The Band Concert".
– In its nine decades of history its lines were rounded and modernized, but it always kept its big eyes, white gloves and toothless smile.
– The cartoonist who spent most of the years making Mickey live on the printed tapes was Floyd Gottfredson, between 1930 and 1973.
"And on television, the writer who most wrote stories was Bill Wash, with 3,414 between 1943 and 1963.
– Mickey was responsible for Walt Disney winning his first Oscar in 1932, a special precisely for his creation.
– He appeared in more than 30 films and was the first animated character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1978.
In 1935, Walt Disney received a special medal from the United Nations to create Mickey, "a symbol of universal goodwill."
– "Fantasia" (1940) is undoubtedly the most identifiable film with the mouse, a film considered a masterpiece but hardly received by the public when it was released.
– Mickey was absent from the movies for 30 years, from "The Simple Things" (1953) to "Mickey's Christmas Carol" (1983).
– His last movie appearance was in the short "Get a Horse!" (2013), a delightful story that blends images of the first Mickey and the latest, made in 3D technology.
– Mickey forms with Goofy and Donald the trio of Disney's most popular characters, although most of his adventures are accompanied by his girlfriend, Minnie and Pluto.
– But by far, what else appeared with him is Goofy, present in 15,913 publications.
– Other friends are Horace and Clarabella and their main enemy is Peg-Leg Pete.
– Mickey lives in the town of Mickey, located in Calidornia, in the state of Calisota, located between California and Washington, USA.
– Since 1930 there have been all sorts of articles related to Mickey and the most sought after by collectors is a 1939 watch whose handles are the arms of the mouse.
– The first appearance of Mickey Mouse in a video game was in 1983 in "Sorcerer's Apprentice". It already passes the number 28, which was "Disney Magical World 2" in 2016.
– Many artists have adopted it as a model for their work. Most prominently, Andy Warhol, who did several series about the character.
– The country where Mickey's comics are most read are not the United States, but Italy, where 19,595 adventures were published. Brazil ranks seventh with 7,844.
"Research shows that Mickey likes mainly because he does well, followed by factors such as his optimism to test the bomb and being Minnie's ever-present, attentive and considerate boyfriend. Alicia García de Francisco.