GEORGE TOWN: P Ramasamy and Zairil Khir Johari failed to get enough votes to appear among the top 15 contenders to join the Penang DAP committee.
However, they are still on the committee after being appointed vice presidents again.
The return official and Kota Kinabalu MP Chan Foon Hin announced that Ramasamy, who held one of the two vice presidencies of the DAP for the period from 2015 to 2018, received 303 votes.
Ramasamy got 33 votes less than the last person in the top 15, Phee Boon Chee, who received 336 votes.
Zairil, the other vice president of the state, received 328 votes.
Those in the top 15 are eligible to be elected as charge holders. Another five slots are named.
Penang chief minister Chow Kon Yeow won the highest 520, followed by former deputy head of state Jagdeep Singh Deo with 468 votes and Yeoh Soon Hin with 458 votes.
As a result, Chow remains as head of Penang DAP, a position he has held since 1999. Elections are held every two years.
Fourth is Senator Lim Hui Ying with 448 votes, followed by former Phee Boon Poh state man with 442 votes. Hui Ying is the sister of DAP Secretary-General Lim Guan Eng.
Others, from sixth to fifteenth, are:
- Ramkarpal Singh Karpal Singh (Bukit Gelugor MP) – 439 votes
- H & # 39; ng Mooi Lye (Jawi assemblyman) – 435 votes
- Steven Sim Chee Keong (MP of Bukit Mertajam, Deputy Minister of Youth and Sport) – 424 votes
- Danny Law Heng Kiang (former member of the former Penang) – 405 votes
- Lay Hock Peng (head of the DAP veteran team) – 377 votes
- Ng Wei Aik (ex-Tanjong MP) – 377 votes
- Logo Lip Chee (member of the exco state, assemblyman Bagan Jermal) – 359 votes
- Wong Hon Wai (Bukit Bendera MP) – 357 votes
- Teh Lai Heng (member of the Komtar Assembly, political secretary of the Penang Chief Minister) – 353 votes
- Phee Boon Chee (exo brother of Phee Boon Poh) – 336 votes
The members of the Penang DAP commission for the period 2018-2020 are as follows:
President: Chow Kon Yeow
Vice president: Jagdeep Singh Deo
Vice president: P Ramasamy (nominee)
Vice president: Zairil Khir Johari (nominee)
Secretary: Senator Lim Hui Ying
Assistant Secretary: Yeoh Soon Hin
Treasurer: Wong Hon Wai
Assistant Treasurer: Danny Law Heng Kiang
Organizing Secretary: H & # 39; ng Mooi Lye
Assistant Secretary of Organization: Lay Hock Peng
Assistant Secretary of Organization: Teh Lai Heng
Secretary of advertising: Steven Sim
Assistant secretary of publicity: Syerleena Abdul Rashid (nominee)
Director of Political Education: Lip Chee Logo
Members of the Committee:
- Phee Boon Poh
- Ramkarpal Singh Karpal Singh
- Ng Wei Aik
- Phee Boon Chee
- RSN Rayer (named)
- Lim Siew Khim (nominee)
It was also revealed that a total of 1,086 delegates were eligible to vote, but only 798 participated. The uncollected ballot papers were 10 and the 788 ballot papers were returned. There were 29 invalid votes and 759 valid votes.
When contacted, Ramasamy said he accepted the election results and said democracy was thriving in DAP.
"There have been active campaigns of other candidates. I did not campaign much this time. Anyway, I accept the results and I am happy to be co-opted to the committee. "