Man Utd dismissed defensive chase despite rumors of £ 70m bid



[ad_1]

Date of publication: Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:44

Manchester United have withdrawn from the race to hire Ligt star Ajax Matthijs this summer, a report said.

The 19-year-old has emerged as one of the most sought-after supporters of European football after an incredible season with the Dutch champions, and is believed to be waiting to join Barcelona, along with teammate Frenkie De Jong.

Reports have emerged suggesting that Barca are struggling to reach an agreement for De Ligt, thanks in large part to their agent Mino Raiola, who tried to create a bigger package for him elsewhere.

Then it was alleged that United offered De Ligt a contract of € 14 million a year during a five-year contract – a salary equivalent to £ 235,000 per week – and more than double what Barcelona was willing to pay.

However, sources said Sky Sports that United are not in the running to sign with the Dutch this summer, unlike reports earlier in the week.

O Sunday Mirror claimed that the Old Trafford club was preparing a £ 70 million offer to seal a deal for De Ligt, but if Sky's latest update is to be believed, then this is very important.

De Ligt was also an apparent target for Liverpool before Jurgen Klopp made his clear stance on the player, while Manchester City was also connected.

Get the latest Red Devils custom products in our new Shop TEAMtalk Man Utd!

<! –

->

[ad_2]

Source link