Sunday , November 29 2020

MilleMiglia, Alitalia and Etihad in court in Milan. "Renzi Air Force" abandoned in Fiumicino – Economy and Finance



(Teleborsa) – Alitalia-Etihad is one of the "MilleMiglia", the loyalty program of our company, among the different unresolved issues, or rather "grain" of the failed marriage. ex-flag carrier sold in 2015 in the midst of the idyll, which had just begun for the much richer sister of Abu Dhabi.

A program of More than 4.5 million subscribers at the time estimated 112.5 million euros immediately transferred to the almost empty funds of Alitalia. The agreement was stipulated with the creation of a special management company, Alitalia Loyalty, with 75% of the shares owned by Etihad and the remaining 25% in AZ. who was entrusted with the management of the interesting business of the miles with its prize tickets and the other various advantages in favor of the most loyal passengers.

Alitalia Loyalty, therefore, an autonomous and healthy company in all aspects, not "touched" directly by the crisis, remained unrelated to the management committee and, consequently, the assets of the assets to be divided after the divorce between the two companies. And as with ex-spouses struggling with legal practices, Alitalia and Etihad were no exception, arguing naturally about MilleMIglia's loyalty program.

The program managed by Alitalia Loyalty continued naturally to work after the commencement of the Admiral's extraordinary signing and the three commissioners never made much of a mystery about the desire to "bring him back home" with his precious "database" full of names of the most loyal customers.. Now the desire, or rather the intention, has turned into will, in addition to trying to get the maximum result with minimal economic effort, maybe even without paying a cent. Maneuvering skillfully in the context of a much wider dispute.

It may not have been by chance that the entry was first announced and announced that, as of January 1, 2019, Alitalia would administer MilleMiglia again.. It implies that, in the absence of agreement with the Arabs, the company would obviously have its own new "database" autonomous with the names of its passengers.

The paper operation is as simple and as possible. But in reality more than anything else likely instrumental notice, for example, to worry the candidate in order to make the agreement simpler and more favorable. An operation, however, of considerable technical difficulty, such as to make it very problematic, especially in a short time, the full functionality of the initiative.

Etihad, therefore, who although "worried", does not seem to be willing to pay much: compared to the € 112.5 million paid to Alitalia in 2015, only about 50 could be enough now, and Alitalia is still too much.

In any case, to avoid misunderstandings, the company in Abu Dhabi, with the advice of the international law firm Hogan Lovells, appealed to the Milan Court to resolve the dispute. A first hearing was scheduled for these first days of November. Alitalia, which, in any case, in extraordinary administration, would find it difficult to "buy", is assisted by the lawyers of Gianni, Origoni, Grippo, Cappelli & Partners.

Remember that from the The Alitalia-Etihad dispute is also part of the so-called "Renzi Air Force", or the large quadruple Airbus A340-500 wanted precisely by the then Prime Minister Matteo Renzi and already the company of the Emirate. The contract for the aircraft, acquired through a complex and very expensive operation that has seen protagonists Etiahd, a leasing company near it, Alitalia and the Italian Ministry of Defenserecently "Renegade" of the current government "Gialloverde", was canceled unilaterally.

For a few months the Airbus A340-500 is virtually abandoned in one of Rome's Fiumicino airport hangars. No one wants to know more and everyone is not interested., including Etihad, who owns and does not intend to take him back. From Abu Dhabi demand full compliance with the contract that expires in 2025. Something like 25 million euros.


Source link