For the PC version of Monster Hunter: World, Update 5.2 and the High Resolution Texture Pack were released. The High Resolution Texture Pack download is almost 30 GB on Steam. The 5.2 update itself is almost 700 MB.
The high resolution texture pack requires at least 8 GB of graphics memory with its high resolution textures. High-resolution textures are not displayed correctly without sufficient graphics memory. If the package is downloaded (to the Steam page), the texture quality can be adjusted according to "Advanced Graphics Settings" (Main Menu> Options> Display). The following figures are intended to illustrate the quality of the new textures (especially the reinforcement).
Update 5.2 also adds "TAA + FXAA" as an anti-aliasing option and another type of mouse control.
Change the registry:
- "TAA + FXAA" option for anti-aliasing in Advanced Graphics Settings. Go to Main Menu> Options> Display> Advanced Graphic Settings to change the setting.
- Added a prompt to the "Advanced Graphics Settings" menu that tells you how much VRAM PC you need with the currently selected settings.
- If you select "Take All" on the rewards screen after completing a quest, a list of all received items will be displayed.
- A new type of mouse control has been added that can rarely move unintentionally when you control the focus camera with the mouse.
- With the newly added Type 2, you can switch between parts of the monster by holding down the Sight button and using the scroll wheel when you have a target monster. In this type, the focus camera also takes longer to dissolve. Select Start menu> System> Options> Control to customize the driver.
- New camera control category added to keyboard settings. Camera control used to be limited to the O, K, L, and + keys, but can now be applied to other buttons by going to Main Menu> Options> Button Setup.
- A "can join friends" option has been added to private session settings. So far, you've only been able to join private sessions by typing in the online session ID, but if you enable the "Join friends" option, your Steam friends can join via "Invite a friend." or looking for friends meetings. Therefore, the "Yes" option for private sessions has been replaced with "Online session ID only".
- Countermeasures for a bug in which attacks with many hit effects (eg, Shot III for the Heavy Bowgun) caused the game to fail when the Immortal Alpenglow Event mission was played. This error will be corrected in future updates. The availability of "Immortal Alpenglow" is therefore extended as follows:
Before: March 22 (Friday) at 00:00 (UTC) through April 4 (Thursday) at 23:59 (UTC).
Now: March 22 (Friday) at 00:00 (UTC) through April 18 (Thursday) at 23:59 (UTC).
- Fixed a bug that would cause a player to retreat to the left if a neutral dodge was run within 0.3 seconds after the lock with the analog stick.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Wyrmstake Cannon Lance cannon to continue hitting a monster until it appears when the first blow came while the monster was beginning to dig. The Wyrmstake cannon now ends as soon as the burial animation is complete.
- Players should always be presented with high resolution textures, but there was an error rendering the player's character with a texture resolution similar to NPCs when the game was rebuilt from scratch and you left for a mission or expedition. This bug has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that caused a slow scrolling speed when using the scroll wheel on the Skill Info screen.
- Fixed a problem where a window could not be closed, but could still be displayed if you fainted with a certain open window.
- Fixed an error that caused the title window support window to display the web manual and support URLs from other platforms.
- Fixed an issue where the cookie and Purring Safari result screens did not move the cursor from Take All to Sell All when the left directional button was pressed.
- Fixed an issue where mouse sorting caused sorting, for example, sets of equipment to work differently from groupings in other UIs, such as sets of objects.
- Several other bugs have been fixed.
- The weapon of Taroth Kulve The "Fire" of Taroth Daggers is an element of fire, but has been translated as being an element of explosion. The translation was therefore corrected as follows: Taroth Daggers "Explosion" -> Taroth Daggers "Fire". If the Taroth Daggers "Explosion" is in their possession, they will only be renamed "Tarot Daggers" "Fire" and will not be deleted.
- Several other bug fixes.