New Delhi: The day before parliament's winter session begins, several key meetings, including two meetings of all parties, are in line today, where leaders from all party lines will discuss the agenda for the next session. The series of meetings began on Saturday, before the winter session, where the center is prepared to pass the citizenship bill (amendment), which aims to grant nationality to non-Muslim immigrants from neighboring countries. On Saturday, the prime minister tweeted that he expects "a productive session of parliament where people-centered and development-oriented issues will be discussed." The first meeting of all parties this morning will be followed by a meeting between the leaders of the National Democratic Alliance, where Shiv Sena would not be present in the middle of a dispute with the BJP.
Here's your ten point tip in this great story:
- Shiv Sena, who is talking to the NCP and Congress about forming the government in Maharashtra amid a dispute with decades-old BJP ally, said on Saturday it would give the NDA a foul, which will be held this afternoon after all. meeting "I learned that the (NDA constituents) meeting will be held on November 17. We had already decided not to attend the meeting considering developments in Maharashtra," said party leader Sanjay Raut.
- The split between two of the country's oldest allies – the BJP and the Shiv Sena – also sparked a review of seating arrangements at Rajya Sabha. Shiv Sena, who left the Modi government in the center earlier this week, will sit on opposition banks in Rajya Sabha, said Sanjay Raut.
- Seine leader Arvind Sawant announced his resignation from the union office on Monday. "We have to know that the agreement of two Shiv Sena lawmakers has been changed in parliament," Sanjay Raut said on Saturday, referring to Sawant's resignations. Raut is one of three Shiv Sena deputies in the upper house.
- On Saturday, Prime Minister Modi tweeted that "he had a wonderful interaction with leaders and parliamentarians across the party line" at the all-party meeting convened by Lok Sabha President Om Prakash Birla. "We look forward to a productive session of Parliament where people-centered and development-oriented issues will be discussed," he wrote.
- The meeting was also attended by Congress leader Lok Sabha Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, Sudip Bandyopadhyay of the Trinamool Congress, TR Baalu of DMK, Dan Ba Ali of BSP, Danish Ali of BSP, Chirag Paswan of LJP and Chirag Paswan of LJP and Asaduddin Owaisi of AIMIM.
- The second meeting of all parties today will be chaired by Rajya Sabha President Venkaiah Naidu at around 4 pm.
- Senior BJP leaders will meet this afternoon, followed by an NDA meeting.
- Earlier this month, Congressional Ghulam Nabi Azad had said opposition parties planned to hold a joint protest on issues such as economic slowdown, RCEP, agricultural problems and unemployment during the parliament session.
- Parliament's winter session, which begins tomorrow, will continue until 13 December.
- According to Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha's trade list, some 35 legislations, including the crucial Code of Industrial Relations, will be adopted during the parliament's winter session, in addition to the Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes (Production, Manufacture, Import, Export). , Transportation, Sales, Distribution, Storage and Advertising Ordinance), 2019 (No. 14 of 2019).
Get breaking news, live coverage, and breaking news from India and around the world at NDTV.com. Watch all the live TV action on NDTV 24×7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for the latest news and live news updates.