Samsung has a long tradition when it unveiled its Galaxy Fold, which went live in February. The South Korean company first introduced Infinity Flex touch screen technology along with the One UI interface specifically designed for this type of device in November last year, and only then came the February presentation where we could see the final design. Our mobile ad was followed in London, where journalists did not get a chance to watch the gadget and even more details have not been clarified.
The Galaxy Fold idea is simple: we have two AMOLED Infinity Flex dynamic screens separated together, one main screen and one external panel, each with 4.6 inches, and expanded into a 7.3-inch tablet.
Samsung solved the power supply with two separate batteries separated by an invisible hinge. The company has made several sophisticated hinges with interlocking gears that are not at the expense of elegance because they are hidden. In addition, the camera has six cameras: two sides, one front, two back, but also the fingerprint reader.
In the United States, a mobile pre-sale was launched at the end of April, with Samsung finally posting an infographic page on their site, exactly what was placed on the special tool.
- The main screen is a 7.3-inch Infinity Flex Dynamic with a 4.2: 3 aspect ratio, a pixel density of 362ppi and a resolution of 2152 x 1536 pixels.
- The external monitor is smaller than that, with a Super AMOLED 4.6-inch panel with a resolution of 21: 9, a resolution of 399ppi and a 720 x 1680 pixel resolution.
- The so-called "Cover" camera that sits on top of the external panel is a 10-megapixel camera with f2.2 aperture. The internal camera system itself consists of a 10-megapixel main camera and an 8-megapixel RGB depth sensor with f1.9 aperture.
- The rear backplane's backplane system is a 16-megapixel (f2.2) wide-angle, 12-megapixel wide-angle (f1.5 / f2.4 optical image) and a 12-megapixel (f2. 4).
- The soul of the device is delivered by a 7 nm processor (probably Snapdragon 855, but not named) with a clock of 2.84GHz + 2.41GHz + 1.78GHz. It comes with 12 gigabytes of RAM and 512 GB of storage space.
- Supports eSIM, the built-in SIM card.
- The fingerprint reader is on your side.
- The battery is 4380 milliamperes per hour, wireless charging is supported and the reverse charge, called PowerShare, is recharged.
- There is no 3.5 millisecond jacket, but it comes with a Galaxy Buds headset.
As the leader and president of the company's mobile communications business, DJ Koh The Galaxy Fold was born as a result of the innovation of the last ten years and will launch a revolution. The point is, this is really going to happen because we fell when we heard the price of $ 560,000 at $ 1980. Although we have not yet received information about the official Hungarian price of Samsung, but if we charge VAT, we are already over US $ 700,000.
The reasons for our skepticism about flexible cell phones were discussed earlier in this article.