Amazfit 2 is the new Xiaomi smartwatch in cooperation with China's Huami and features AMOLED display, eSIM and ECG mode.
Today's announcement day for Xiaomi / Amazfit, then after Mi Band 4 which impressed with its color screen, it's time for Amazfit 2 or Verge 2! The new Chinese company model retains the circular design, is equipped with a 1.39-inch AMOLED screen with ceramic coating, while inside houses Snapdragon Wear 2100 SoC!
It combines with 4GB of RAM and support for eSIM via 4G / LTE to China initially, to the major providers there. Amazfit 2 (Verge 2) promises up to 28 hours of operation using 4G / LTE, but we do not know its autonomy without an eSIM connection. I hope it's not so low!
The watch, however, can automatically count more than 10 different sports, has narrowband network technology (NB-IoT) to not permanently connect via Bluetooth to the mobile phone, to transfer medical measurements in real time, heart rate, electrocardiography, etc. As you have seen, there is a version of the ECG that can store medical data and measurements for up to 7 days.
Amazfit Smart Watch 2 – Key Features
- 1.39-inch AMOLED 326PPI screen (454 x 454) with protection Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 1.1 GHz Quad-Core
- 512MB of LPDDR3 RAM, 4GB eMMC
- AMAZFIT OS with support for Android 4.4 or iOS10.0 and higher
- Sports, activity and sleep tracking
- BioTracker low power PPG sensor, ECG monitor only, accelerometer, geomagnetic sensor, ambient light sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- 4G VoLTE (via eSIM), Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS + GLONASS + BDS, NFC
- Speaker, microphone
- 420mAh lithium-ion battery with up to 28 hours of battery life in 4G
Amazfit 2 will cost € 127 in China (the standard version) and $ 165 the ECG version that makes an electrocardiogram. There is one more Limited edition of Avengers that costs € 191 but we really did not care.
As always, we will soon give you deals to get you FIRST!