Samsung unveiled this week the new Exynos 9820 processor, which will boost the company's flagship models next year. The first smartphone * with this new generation of processors will be the Galaxy S10 and you can read the performance data and the structure of the chipset already for the Galaxy S10.
In addition, it is now quite certain that the Galaxy S10 and S10 + will come with Android * 9 and the new surface of user interface of Samsung * One on the market. Once again, you can already read a lot about the innovations of the next major models:
- The elements and settings have been rearranged to be faster and easier to reach. For example, interactive elements have been placed at the bottom of the screen so you can use them with one hand.
- There is a new Night.Mode for the devices.
- The notifications were equipped with photos and you can react directly to them in the overview. Notifications can now be enabled or disabled by category.
- The Always On Display * has been redesigned and now also contains information about battery level and calendar or appointments.
- Samsung * DeX can now also use an HDMI adapter and therefore is no longer attached to a DeX station. For this should be able to continue to use the mobile phones in the docked state.
- Bixby was developed, unfortunately there are no indications that German as language will be supported in the future.
This may be the new processor of the Galaxy S10
The Samsung Exynos 9820 processor uses 8 cores again. A total of two M4 cores are used for high-performance operations; in addition, there are two Corex A75 cores and four Cortex-A55 cores. In this way, the power for individual cores should have increased compared to its predecessor by up to 20% in the multi-core area, performance is expected to increase by 15%. In addition, the energy consumption of the cores has been improved and, therefore, the power consumption decreases compared to its predecessor. The new Mali-G76 GPU is considered to be 40% faster in graphics and 35% more efficient.
There are also other new features of the Exynos 9820 processor:
- The new NPU should relieve the processor of the AI processes and, for example, also be able to work in conjunction with external servers. Unfortunately, at this point, no further details on performance and usage were given, there was only a 7-fold indication * of processing these requests.
- With mobile Internet, the processor uses an aggregation of eight carriers and thus reaches speeds of up to 2GBit / s in the download and 316 MBit / s in the upstream. However, the processor probably still does not support the 5G.
- In the video area, the chipset now supports 8K recordings and can, among other things, decode 4K UHD videos at 150 frames per second (fps).
The future Galaxy S10 will be faster than previous models (which is not surprising). However, the performance increase is quite moderate and it continues to be seen as the Galaxy S10 can outperform the Huawei * competition (with the Kirin 980 processor).
With its own AI chipset for artificial intelligence processes, functions in this area are likely to expand significantly. For example, it is expected that there will be even more optimization options for photos and perhaps also for videos, and that Bixby can have even more features. In any case, the Galaxy S10 will be updated significantly in terms of artificial intelligence.
A bit critical to look at are the mobile data standards. With speeds of up to 2GBit / s, the models have become faster again than the S9, but connections are maxed out with LTE (ie on the 4G network). The processor does not seem to support 5G connections yet, so it seems that the upcoming Galaxy S10 models will still not be 5G phones. This should be a disappointment to some fans. On the other hand, 5G networks are entering the auction and probably will not be usable before 2020 – so this renunciation of the 5G will probably have no practical effect. You will note that the launch of the Galaxy S10 is approaching because the models predecessors of this year's Galaxy S9 * are cheaper week by week and prices for a Galaxy S9 have already reached the top suppliers in less than 500 euros.
important: Help on content topics may be easier on our
help section to get.
There you can quickly and easily ask for problems and difficulties and the editors or
even experienced users answer the question. In addition, other users can do the same
Problem to read the solution to this and no longer need to ask a question.