Low blood pressure for high blood pressure
Often, lowering blood pressure can also be achieved naturally. In some cases, medicines become obsolete in the long run. But attention: In any case, do not reduce the medication prescribed to you without first consulting your doctor! Here are 5 simple tricks to effectively and effectively lower your blood pressure!
From the point of view of many patients, the remedies are the simplest and safest way to reduce blood pressure and thereby reduce the highest risk factor for stroke, heart attack and other heart disease. Unfortunately, antihypertensives are often not taken properly because patients perceive or fear the side effects.
This concern is not completely unfounded, because the remedies can actually lead to dizziness, drowsiness and fatigue, depending on the drug for headaches, sleep disorders or erectile dysfunction. Many consumers find that they are less efficient after taking them, just take the supplements for self-perceived needs or even discard them completely. But this is absolutely counterproductive because the decrease in blood pressure of the drug can only be successful through continued long-term use.
It depends on you!
It is quite possible to escape this dilemma. However, you have to be active by yourself. But it's worth it: at best, you can get the ideal blood pressure by staying fit and vital. In addition, our five tips are easy to implement. See for yourself:
Tip # 1: Move is Trump
You do not need to become a high-end athlete to do something good for your heart health. Even switching from complete inactivity to light exercise has a positive effect. Above all, it is crucial to your success that you choose the right sport.
Basically, all the sports in question, which have a moderate resistance exercise. Hiking, Nordic walking, hiking, cross-country skiing, cycling, swimming or ball sports such as tennis are especially suitable if you do not perform them in a very ambitious and competitive way. The ideal frequency is 3 to 5 units of resistance of 30 minutes per week. Start quietly with small 5-minute units and increase them continuously for several weeks.
Quite inadequate, however, are all strength sports, for example, the well-known "pumping" in the gym. Because, as this colloquial expression already makes clear, weight lifting usually results in compressed breathing, which leads to high blood pressure peaks and thus to a strong pressure on the heart muscles. Moderate strength training under the guidance of a physiotherapist or experienced technician is still possible.
Overall, a well thought out sports concept can reduce your blood pressure by 5 to 10mmHg.
Tip # 2: Little salt, lots of fresh herbs
High salt intake can raise blood pressure. If you can reduce your salt intake to less than six grams a day, your blood pressure will likely drop as well. On average, careless diet, you should have a daily intake of salt from 15 to 30g recorded. Many Germans can not imagine delicious food with little salt. But especially the Mediterranean cuisine proves that with fresh herbs and culinary refinement, even a much better taste can be achieved than with tons of salt. The culinary book Mediterranean Cuisine, which is published by the German Heart Foundation especially for heart disease, you should now warmly to the heart (!).
Tip # 3: Alcohol in moderation
Of a certain amount, alcohol increases hypertension. Men are advised not to drink more than 20g of alcohol per day, for example, about 250ml of wine (depending on the alcohol content). In the case of women, 10 g is the daily ceiling, partly because of the lower body weight, and secondly because they can not break alcohol so quickly.
Tip # 4: Get rid of excess weight
Admittedly this is not a particularly easy to implement advice, but in case of being overweight, a normalization of body weight has a very positive effect on blood pressure. Losing weight is not easy but often paid twice: combine regular physical activity with healthy diet and you will experience newfound vitality as an enrichment that you no longer want to lose. A positive body sensation and healthy circulation will lead to a better quality of life in the long run and this will rebalance all your efforts – promised!
Tip # 5: Managing Stress
Occupational and private stresses can permanently increase blood pressure. Negative stress in everyday life is not a constant fact, but it can be avoided. Here is a short list of the best stress killers:
1. In stressful situations, go first to the "panoramic view" and see what is happening with the inner distance from above! You will often find that excitement does not take you anywhere, and some things just happen. If you can not change them, it is best to accept them.
2. But if your stress has a recurring cause, the solution is within your reach, so solve it! Career changes or open conversations with your partner can work wonders for your well-being. If necessary, do not shy away from therapy (double)! Being helped is not a shame and has already improved the situation of many people in a sustainable way.
3. Relaxation exercises help against minor daily stress. You can do what's good for you: yoga, autogenous training, breathing exercises, kneading a stress ball, swinging or trampoline!
4. Even a regular hobby can reduce stress. If you want to paint, sing, dance or knit: do this regularly. So you have something to look at in stressful situations.
5. Reduce the television at night. It may have a relaxing effect on you, but it is not suitable for stress reduction as a purely passive activity. Schedule the days of the week when you do not watch TV, but find friends or pursue your new hobby. We wish you lots of fun! (Fs)