Seven young men, acquitted at first instance, appear Monday in an appeal to the Oise juvenile court, accused of attending a 2011 14-year-old rape meeting in Antony.
In March 2017, the Hauts-de-Seine Court acquitted all seven defendants, six of whom were between 15 and 17 and one at the material time. This verdict, revealed by The Parisiancaused a wave of indignation.
A petition, launched by the president of the Traumatic Memory and Victimology Association, gathered around 50,000 signatures. The attorney general appealed and the seven young people are tried behind closed doors until Friday for events ranging from the night of 9-10 September 2011.
That night, the girl, who was alone in her father's apartment in Antony (Hauts-de-Seine), said she had been raped by young people in her neighborhood, some of whom had partially hidden faces, for several years. hours
Sex according to the defendants
The defendants at the time had recognized the sexual relationship but claimed they were consenting. During the investigation they had evoked a reputation for "Easy girl" of the civil party.
Qualifying the first verdict of"Intolerable", the complainant's lawyer – now 22 – hosted the second trial. "We cannot allow people who forcibly entered the house [la jeune fille], who forced her to have relations with them "said Samia Meghouche.
"Their defense also said she didn't fight, that she didn't scream, obviously was paralyzed by fear."she added. The lawyer stated that her client was not "It's not the force" to go to trial, but that she would be heard by videoconference.
"A form of judicial failure"
"This case is a form of judicial failure for everyone"said Yassine Yakouti, who defends four defendants. "It's a very long procedure and should have ended with the acquittal decision".
"We are confident that there has still been an acquittal decision but we remain extremely vigilant because the context since the first trial has changed"said Pierre Degoul, also for the defense, referring in particular to the #metoo movement.
Two other young people prosecuted in this case, who were under 15 at the time, were convicted by the juvenile court. One of them had condemned the state to "Denial of justice" in October 2017 due to excessive training delays.
Seven youths acquitted at first instance tried to appeal for mass rape in 2011Ouest-France.fr