Monday , November 18 2019
Home / ethiopia / Kenya: Remains of Kenyans who died in Ethiopia

Kenya: Remains of Kenyans who died in Ethiopia

Families who lost loved ones in the unfortunate Ethiopian Airlines plane crash on March 10, 2019 will begin receiving their remains on Monday for burial, the nation knew.

Ethiopian Airlines flight ET-302 to Nairobi crashed in Bishoftu a few minutes after takeoff from Bole International Airport in Addis Ababa.

On Sunday, the family of John Quindos Karanja, who lost five relatives, told the nation that they will carry the remains before the funeral on Thursday.

"We thank all Kenyans for the overwhelming emotional, spiritual and financial support of our family. On Monday, we will transport the remains of our loved ones after they have been successfully identified. We plan to have the funeral on Thursday, October 17 "he said. Mr. Karanja


The International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol) announced in September that it had positively identified all 149 passengers and eight crew members who died in the crash.

Interpol Secretary General Jürgen Stock said the organization had to rely on accurate DNA samples from close relatives of the victims to make the correct identification, which took the group six months.

The five Nakuru family members, including Karanja's wife Ann Wangui Karanja, daughter Caroline Quinns Karanja and three grandchildren Ryan Njoroge (7), Kellie Wanjiku (5) and Rubi Wangui (9 months) died in the plane crash.

The Kwa Amos village family in Kabatini, Bahati, Nakuru County, intended to slaughter three goats to celebrate their return.


Karanja's wife was supposed to take home her grandchildren who were living in Canada when the tragedy occurred.

A relative of another Kipkelion family who lost his son – Cosmas Kipng 'etich Rogony – also confirmed that some members had traveled to Ethiopia to retrieve their remains.

"The late Rogony's family has traveled and is expected to return this week," the relative said.

Rogony, who until his death was an employee of General Electric's health division, left behind a one-year-old daughter and a 27-year-old widow, Miriam Wanja.

He came from Saoset village in Kipkelion West sub-county.

In March, families prayed for departed relatives, but there were no coffins or bodies.

Source link