ZLIN – Due to the growing risk of bacteria resistant to most antibiotics, doctors remember European Antibiotics Day on 18 November. In Zlín hospital, because of the problem of overuse of antibiotics, a committee for prevention and infection control was established, Zlin.cz reported the spokesman of the Dana Lipovská Hospital, Zlín Region.
European countries, including the Czech Republic, are implementing national programs and projects that have a positive impact on reducing the overuse of antibiotics. Hospitals in the Zlin region have set up antibiotic centers that provide consultation not only to ward doctors but also to doctors and practitioners. "However, the resistance of bacterial strains to some types of commonly used antibiotics is still increasing, alas, because antibiotics are an integral part of the treatment of many patients in health units. the reality we all know.That's why we recently set up a commission for the prevention and control of infections at the Zlin hospital, "said Dr. Josef Macko, deputy assistant physician and chief of the KNTB newborn department. .
The State Institute for Drug Control also draws attention to the basic rules for using antibiotics to achieve optimal effectiveness:
• antibiotics should be used only when needed
• patients should only take antibiotics prescribed by a physician for the given treatment
• the time of administration of the antibiotic should be respected, ie. even after the symptoms have disappeared
• Dosage sizes and dosage intervals should be followed, including other recommendations on the route of administration
• In general, you should always read the package leaflet