On December 17, Dusan Navratil, director of the National Office of Network Security and Information (NÚKIB), a Czech network regulator, said in a statement that "Chinese law requires private Chinese companies. The intelligence department is working together , therefore, the introduction of its products into the main national systems can pose a threat ".
The statement clearly mentions the software and hardware products of China Huawei and ZTE. To this end, Prime Minister Andrei Babiš has asked the National Security Council to inform the director of the National Office of Network and Information Security, Dusan Navaritir, on the issue of warning statements and additional information.
On December 21, the National Security Council of the Czech Republic officially issued a statement correcting the NÚKIB statement. The full text of the statement is as follows:
1. NÚKIB is an independent government institution whose conclusions are not based on technical assessments.
2. The ban on the Huawei mobile phone by the prime minister is still too early.
3. NÚKIB only warns of critical information infrastructures or systems included in important information systems, and does not involve ordinary users and terminal equipment under any circumstances.
4. For national security, it is always necessary to ensure the security of network security.
5. NÚKIB does not have the right to assess the international political situation or the legal and political environment of other countries.
6. In the absence of serious grounds relating to national security, procurement procedures for information systems contained in critical information infrastructures or important information systems should not place tenderers at a disadvantage.
7. The Czech Republic remains open to all legitimate foreign investment and will continue to provide a conducive environment for this.
On the statement of the Czech government, Li Jian, president of Huawei Europe, said: "We appreciate the pragmatic attitude of the Czech government." Li Jian, president of Huawei Europe, said: "The Security Council of the Czech Republic discussed the statement issued earlier by the NKKIB and realized that the warning issued by the government independent government is not based on the technical assessment, Huawei is very happy. We have heard that the Czech Republic wants to remain open to all legitimate foreign investments and that no bidders should be prejudiced by the country's critical infrastructure in any information and communication technology tender without sufficient justification. Huawei believes that any discrimination based on origin of the company must be corrected in the Czech Republic. "
"According to today's statement from the Czech government, we firmly believe that any commercial cooperation with existing and potential clients and partners in the Czech Republic will not be affected. 30 years, Huawei maintained a good safety record working with customers in more than 170 countries around the world. In today's digital environment, network security is more important than ever, we understand the government Network security challenge How to the world's leading ICT company, Huawei has established an auditable, sustainable and reliable network security system We are willing to cooperate with the government and the Czech industry to meet the network security challenge. "Hua Wei, President of Huawei Europe, he concluded.