After 6 pm, the mailbox of the three candidates to ANFP's president received a notification from Conmebol. The reason? The governing body of South American football has announced the results of the physical fitness test it developed in person last week at the Intercontinental Hotel in Santiago.
And the evaluation was positive. Jorge Uauy, Sebastián Moreno and Harold Mayne-Nicholls passed the exam without problems. "He passed the suitability test satisfactorily and is qualified to be a candidate in the next elections …," says the letter, signed by Conmebol commissioners.
In conversation with La Tercera, Jorge Uauy referred to the letter received: "The notification of Conmebol is what we expected, we were satisfactorily approved all members of the list, there were never doubts on the subject." Sebastián Moreno, for his part, also showed agreement. "Our list, in its entirety, has been approved and we are facing the expected scenario," said the former Cobresal president.
In this context, the three lists will fight next Thursday the chair that Arturo Salah will leave vacant. Clubs are called at 11 o'clock. If there is a second round, the elections will be held during the afternoon.