Wednesday , June 16 2021

She used tap water for a nasal lavage and an amoeba came from her husband killed her – News



(NEWS YA) .-A Seattle woman had a nasal wash with tap water. A year later, she died of an amoeba that eats the brain, was reported this week in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases.

According to CNN, the 69-year-old man whose name was not given Persistent sinus infection. For a month he tried to get rid of it by using a pot of Neti, a home remedy for washing the paranasals, but he used tap water instead of using sterile water as recommended.

Neti pots are used to pour saline solution into one nostril and leave the other to irrigate the breasts, usually to fight allergies or infections.

According to the doctors who treated the woman, the water in the key she used contained an amoeba eater that can cause a very rare and almost fatal infection called Balamuthia mandrillaris.

Once in her body, the amoeba slowly devoted herself to her work and took her life.

First, he developed a red wound on the face of the nose. Doctors thought it was a rash and prescribed an antibiotic ointment, but that did not provide relief.

Over the course of a year, dermatologists sought a diagnosis. Then the left side of the woman's body began to tremble and she experienced an attack that weakened her arm.

A computerized tomography an abnormal lesion in his brain that indicated he could have a tumor and his brain was rapidly worsening.

The mass was growing and new injuries began to appear.

A neurosurgeon at the Swedish Medical Center opened her skull to examine her brain and found she was infected with amoebae, the media reported.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) took anti-amoeba miltefosine to Seattle to try to save the woman's life, but she fell into a coma and died.

Most cases of Balamuthia are not diagnosed until immediately before death or after death, so doctors do not have much experience in the treatment of amoeba, the CDC said.

Doctors expect your case to tell other doctors that you should consider an amoeba infection if a patient has a wound or a rash on the nose after rinsing the breasts.


Source link