Student dies after eating pasta remaining that was five days old



[ad_1]

A young student tragically died after eating a bowl of pasta he had made almost a week before.

The 20-year-old boy, named AJ, would have eaten an old piece of spaghetti he had prepared five days earlier, but lay on his side for about two days. He was then placed in the refrigerator by his roommate for another three days.

According to Dr. Bernard, who analyzed the bizarre story on his Youtube channel, AJ put the bowl of old food in the microwave to warm it up and ate it for lunch, not realizing it was five days old.

However, the young man quickly began to feel bad, suffering from headaches, abdominal pain and nausea.

Over the next few hours, AJ started vomiting, but believing it was just a case of food poisoning, drank plenty of water, took a medicine and went to bed. However, he later woke up in a pool of sweat and went to the bathroom to get sick.

The dough was set aside for two days before it was placed in the refrigerator. Credit: PA
The dough was set aside for two days before it was placed in the refrigerator. Credit: PA

AJ's roommate asked for an ambulance after he came in to check on his friend and found him passed out on the bathroom floor. AJ was taken to the hospital, but unfortunately he died.

A postmortem discovered that he had died of a form of food poisoning caused by the bacillus cereus – a spore-forming bacteria that creates toxins and can cause vomiting and diarrhea.

It was also found that the stomach remedy AJ took after he became ill reacted with his body and damaged his liver, which was already failing due to the bacteria created by the dough he had eaten.

Bernard said cases like these are rare, but they can be fatal to patients. Credit: Youtube / Chubbyemu
Bernard said cases like these are rare, but they can be fatal to patients. Credit: Youtube / Chubbyemu

According to reports, AJ died in 2008 and the case was presented in the US Journal of Clinical Microbiology.

Dr. Bernard, a licensed practitioner, said cases like this are not very common, although they have been written in the past, with patients dying "within hours" of presenting the symptoms.

He said: "It is important to note that this is not a typical case of food poisoning.Many people eat noodles, or any other form of pasta, which are left for a day or two and are fine.But be careful with the food.Leave If the food smells funny, it's always better to be safe than sorry. "

Featured Image Credit: Youtube / Chubbyemu

[ad_2]

Source link