"An intense area of heavy snow has developed along the southwestern foothills of Alberta," the Canadian Environment Ministry said. "Local snow accumulations of 10 to 15 cm are possible, the highest amounts will be at higher altitudes."
As of 5:15 pm Sunday, Environment Canada issued snowfall warnings to the following locations:
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near the lake of Beauvais Prov. Park
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Cowley Burmis and Maycroft
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Pincher Creek and Twin Butte
- M.D. of Ranchland
- Municipality of Crowsnest Pass including Coleman and Frank
- Book your Piikani
- Lakes Waterton Nat. Park and Blood Res. 148A
- Kananaskis Improvement District near Highwood House
- Kananaskis Improvement District near Kananaskis Villag
- Bighorn M.D. near Canmore Exshaw and Ghost Lake
- M.D. of Bighorn near Ghost River Wilderness
- M.D. of Foothills near Cayley
- M.D. of Foothills near High River and Aldersyde
- M.D. of Foothills near Longview and Eden Valley Res.
- M.D. of Foothills near Okotoks and De Winton
- M.D. of Foothills near Priddis and Brown-Lowery Prov. Park
- M.D. of Foothills near Turner Valley and Black Diamond
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Claresholm and Stavely
- M.D. of Willow Creek near Nanton and Parkland
- Rocky View Co. near Bragg Creek and Tsuu T? Ina Res.
Those who venture on the roads are advised to adjust their speed and driving to the road conditions as visibility can be reduced during heavy snowfall.