Red Dead Online launches today – check the exact times and release plans on that link – and the leaks officially started.
Dataminers were snuffling through the code as truffle pigs and they discovered some great details.
As you would expect, there is a mix of activities, but there is also a dedicated story through them. It seems like you'll be spending a lot of your time at the beginning of missions for a man named Horley.
There will also be missions where you can make a moral choice and decide the fate of an NPC. From the descriptions, it appears that this will affect your Honor rating, just like in a single player mode.
Here is a list of what has been discovered so far by the Red Dead Online campaign:
- Highly illegal and highly immoral: Marshall Davies has asked you to find him near Van Horn. He is on the trail of Alfredo Montez and he wants to finish things.
- Honor among horse thieves: Horley suggested that you see Clay Davies, a horse thief, to learn the intricacies of the horse trade.
- If the hat fits …: Horley directed you to Blackwater's chief of police in the Pike Basin. A conman and bandit is on the loose. Whether or not justice will be done depends on your honor.
- Kerosene, Tar and Grease: Horley thought you should offer your services to Samson Finch near Dewberry Creek. The industry is in your sights. He has a job to do and a score to solve.
- Kill them, each and every one: He was told to meet Horley and Mrs. LeClerk south of Armadillo. The man who killed her husband may be hiding nearby.
- Love and Honor: Horley told him to call Sheriff Tumbleweed. A young woman was taken away by a gang of outlaws and her husband is worried. A moral decision will be necessary.
This list of missions via IllogicalMods, may not be the full list of launch missions, but it does give you an idea of what to expect. It's also worth remembering that this is a beta and Red Dead Online will grow and evolve over time, just as GTA Online has expanded over the years to the giant it is now.
For a list of modes in the beta version of Red Dead Online, check out our page on leaks for this so far.