Only Facts About Proportional Representation
See also the arguments for "yes" and "no" by Anton and Furstenau
• In the last 15 years, there have been two referendums on electoral reform: 2005 and 2009.
• In 2005, 58% of voters wanted to switch to the single transferable voting system. He needed 60 percent to pass.
• In 2009, support for the STV system dropped to 39%.
• Requests for voting packages must be sent by midnight on November 23.
• Packages must be received by BC elections until December 7.
• They can be returned by mail or in person at a BC Center Referral Service Office.
• Duncan's only landing place is the BC Center Service at 5785 Duncan St.
• First, the post-election system is used by about one-third of all countries.
• Some form of proportional representation is being used in half of the countries.
• There are currently 87 MLAs. This number can increase to a maximum of 95 if a new system is adopted.
• There are 3,295,023 registered voters in the province.
• On the morning of November 20, the BC Elections estimated that some 779,200 voting packages had been received. This reflects approximately 24% of the vote.
• Of 46,515 registered voters in Cowichan Valley, on November 20, 6,880 voting packages, or 14.8% had been sued by Elections BC.
<! – See comments ->