Discord Store wants an epic win with 90/10 revenue split



[ad_1]




Remember the Epic Store ad a couple of weeks ago and your developer-friendly revenue share? The competition for a piece of Steam's cake is fiercer than ever, because Discord has now joined the gang of companies trying to undermine Valve's service.

In a blog post, Discord says its Discord Store, launched a few months ago, will begin to be friendlier to developers in two ways. The first is that Discord will only have 10% of the price of a title for itself; the developer receives the other 90%. Second, the store will move to a self-service model in which developers can publish their own titles, presumably with little intervention and delays by Discord.

To justify the move, Discord says he has talked to several developers and the general conclusion is that digital download stores are not doing enough to earn 30%. The company categorically states that it does not need anything that comes close to 30% of the price of a title to distribute it digitally these days. Discord thinks its services and tools should be grateful for this advantage of competitive advantage.

The company goes one step further and says it is considering cutting its cut below 10% in the future as it optimizes its technology and improves store efficiency. Expect the Discord Store to start its improvement process in 2019.


[ad_2]

Source link