published in December 24, 2018 |
from Chanan Bos
December 24, 2018 per Chanan Bos
Last week, the stock market panicked, everyone was looking at what is happening at the White House, and the most positive thing that happened was Elon Musk inaugurating the first Bored Company tunnel. At the same time, there was a lot of negative news about Tesla: 10 stock market stories, 10 some people coming from Tesla, 6 about the spontaneous combustion of a Tesla Model S (whose battery was apparently shot with a gun), and the rest on several other topics.
Two complete pieces of FUD based on nonsense, one claiming that Elon diverted resources from SpaceX to The Boring Company and another on the company tunnel costing $ 40 million instead of $ 10 million was labeled negative. All other articles related to The BoringCompany have been labeled neutral, in part because they are only loosely related to Tesla. Here are the ways Tesla relates to the Boring Company:
- Tesla is building the loop skates that will be used in the tunnel.
- The Boring Company is using Tesla battery technologies to build a better drilling machine.
- Tesla vehicles are continuously used in the tunnel.
Remember that each week we are sharing the raw data (headlines and scores) of Pravduh About Tesla. You can scan the stories on your own if you want to double-check our findings or just see the headlines. And you can check out our own Tesla stories for more context and comparison. For details on our methodology and broader context on this weekly review, see our previous Pravduh About Tesla report.
#Pravduh About #Tesla
Report No 16 (15-21 December)
The next issue of our itinerary is to follow the authors who covered this news. While the whole list is too long to put here, since there are many authors who have written only one piece about Tesla, here are the 40 who have published more than 7 articles on Tesla since we began tracking on September 1, for more positive:
Note: In mainstream media there are often the main authors who control this part of the articles, but we find that the follow-up of the authors is also interesting and potentially useful in considering what kind of stories the authors tend to write.
What changed with Tesla last week?
Adding to the summary in the introduction, see a summary of the Tesla news and potential news stories per day. You can consider for yourself what objectively were the important updates in the "Tesla story" last week.
Some sneaky headlines last week
- What is the biggest wish of Tesla Investors 2019? A discreet Elon Musk (Bloomberg)
- Why 2018 was the year of Tesla's turnover (Bloomberg)
- Tesla investors are not intimidated by Antics by Elon Musk (Bloomberg)
- If you could handle insanity, Tesla was the best car stock to invest in 2018 (Business Insider)
- Tesla survived the making of hell – now comes the hard part (Forbes)
- The Tesla driver who settled when his car caught fire forgot to mention that someone shot the battery with a gun (BGR)
The more these #Pravduh About #Tesla Reports are shared online through social media, the more people realize. If there is a strongly negative trend about Tesla in certain outlets – even if Tesla has so many positive news to share – people should be aware of this and approach every new story with that in mind.
Again, here is the data from last week, in case you want to see the raw data more closely.
For details on our methodology and broader context on this weekly review, see this Pravduh About Tesla report.