Toronto police said a "significant development" is expected in the case of a suspected serial killer accused of attacking men with ties to the city's gay city.
Bruce McArthur, 67, faces eight counts of first-degree murder.
Prior to his next appearance in court scheduled for Tuesday, police issued a statement on Monday, stating, "A significant development in this case is expected."
At the end of last year, McArthur waived his right to a preliminary hearing, choosing to go straight to trial.
Toronto police arrested the freelance gardener in January 2018 and accused him of eight counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Selim Esen, Andrew Kinsman, Majeed Kayhan, Dean Lisowick, Soroush Mahmudi, Skandaraj Navaratnam, Abdulbasir Faizi and Kirushna . Kanagaratnam.
The accusations are related to men linked to the gay village and disappeared between 2010 and 2017.
Police said they recovered the remains of seven men in large planters at a residential property in downtown Toronto where McArthur worked, while the remains of an eighth man were found in a nearby ravine.