Supposed supporter of the Christchurch massacre has the ban on the confirmed internet, calls media "animals & # 39;



[ad_1]

Posted

April 2, 2019 16:44:54

A Adelaide man accused after allegedly posting online comments in support of the Christchurch terrorist attack lost his offer to use the internet again.

Key points:

  • Vinzelberg would have posted on social media supporting the Christchurch massacre
  • Police reportedly found a loaded firearm under the mattress during a search at his home
  • He said he needed to use the internet to find a job.

Chad Rolf Vinzelberg, 37, was charged with possession of an unlicensed firearm and four counts of possession of prohibited weapons after police searched his northern suburbs last month.

The search was prompted by a series of comments that Mr. Vinzelberg would have posted on social media supporting the Christchurch massacre and praising the responsible terrorist.

The Adelaide Magistrates Court heard his online profile picture showing him holding a gun and during the search the police found a loaded firearm under his mattress, as well as an extendable stick and two slow moving knives.

A medieval mace and a beast were supposedly found in his shed.

Vinzelberg was released on bail during his first hearing, on the condition that he did not use the internet.

On Tuesday, he appeared in the dock and asked the court to change that.

He said he ran his own "handyman business," but also claimed to have lost his job.

"I need the internet to find a job, since the media blew it up, they made a mountain out of a pile and I lost my job because of that," Vinzelberg said.

"I am the only family income earner, I have a wife and three children and a mortgage."

Magistrate Brett Dixon declined to grant the request.

Outside the courtroom today, Mr. Vinzelberg referred to members of the media as "animals."

"You animals made me lose my job because you blew it up," he said.

"I want a job … can I put my resume in your office?"

During a previous court hearing, police said Mr. Vinzelberg had placed a genuine concern for the safety of the community and that authorities were conducting further investigations into other devices found in his home.

His lawyer at that time told the court that the items were ornamental and were on display in his client's "man's cave."

Mr. Vinzelberg was not charged in connection with the alleged material on-line.

The matter will be brought back to court in December.

Police "paid more attention to mosques"

This morning, SA police commissioner Noel Bamford said officials continued to monitor groups and individuals with extremist views.

His comments were not made in the context of the ongoing trial, but he said the police "certainly paid more attention to the mosques."

"There are two far-left and far-right groups in South Australia," Bamford told ABC Radio Adelaide.

"We're not talking about an armed force of people.

"There are people we encounter with guns and we take action against them because of that."

Topics:

courts and judgments,

law-crime-and-justice,

crime,

police,

elizabeth-5112,

New Zealand,

Australia,

salisbury-5108,

adelaide-5000,

sa

[ad_2]

Source link