The truth is that it is the most efficient vehicle invented by humans. The bicycle is a clean and ecological means of transport and plays a fundamental role in health, humor, pocket and environment. Is it worth a bike for Christmas? There are five very important reasons to do so.
1. Produces happiness: The first and main reason is because it makes people happier, something that is not sold in any store. In addition to an increase in self-esteem and confidence, spending more time away from home pedaling on a bike raises the spirits. Because? Thanks to the ability of sunlight to raise human serotonin levels, you can enjoy a sense of well-being while pedaling in the fresh air. Outdoor bicycling helps cleanse the mind, stay psychologically positive, and sleep better.
2. Increase life expectancy: Regular exercise significantly reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, type II diabetes, many types of cancer, hypertension and obesity. Several studies have shown that pedaling in the equivalent of three 45-minute trips a week rejuvenates the body and increases life expectancy, even after discarding other risk factors such as smoking or body mass index (BMI). .
3. Reduce transportation costs: the average cost of owning a car is extremely high, counting the fuel needed to make it work taking into account the purchase, financing, insurance and maintenance of the vehicle. Traveling by bicycle is the most economical solution for urban transportation, where the only costs to be faced are the cost of the bike and the necessary equipment, such as gloves, helmet, backpack and other accessories.
4. Help keep the line: Metabolic rate of the body (the efficiency with which calories and fat are burned), improvement with the practice of exercise. But not just during exercise, calories burn and fat is lost. After a journey of about 45 minutes by bike, the body continues to burn more calories during the hours after exercise. Better bike performance due to better physical condition also means a greater number of calories burned and a more efficient reduction of body fat. Instead of running, starting to lose weight with a bike is best suited for overweight or other physical problems, as it is a non-impact sport.
5. Improves the environment: to make a bicycle, only 5% of the materials and energy needed to make a car are used, with all that it represents in terms of emissions and environmental pollution. People only need water and food to travel by bicycle, thereby reducing pollutant emissions from motor vehicles and excessive dependence on oil in today's society.
Source: all mountain bike