O Nintendo Switch It has charms and draws attention in the incredible market of video games. More and more players are asking what's happening with the Switch and whether it's up to the Playstation and Xbox. The answer to "what a ripple" is that it is very good. And the question of which party plays with its competitors has a truth: Switch offers an alternative experience.
It is a portable console, tablet but it is better, with joystick controls (but more innovative and multifunctional). The Switch also captivates with more than weighted portability: can be connected to the TV and be like the classic game stations.
Size is your first charm. It's a "hand-sized" table top console, super simple and friendly, with a list of "different" games for those who generally offer Playstation and Xbox.
There are many classic and new games with "noventoso" formats, which will that the players of thirty years are nostalgic; but at the same time this line up of titles will delight the smaller, those humans who have not played Super Mario for example.
Recommended games include, for example, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, one of the best games of the year and certainly one of the best in Switch history.
Combat on platforms with a team of 70 mythical video game characters is the Smash. Other plataformeros titles are available, of simple gameplay, that do not reflect the histories or the supreme graphs, but rather the entertainment expressed.
In Vos we tested the Nintendo console thanks to the management of Nicolás Paglione, communication from the Japanese firm in Argentina. And then we tell you why we make a big push on the Switch. Also whats not so good.
What you have and what you do not do
Another charm of the Nintendo Switch is that it uses a kind of "floppy disk" for physical games. Its internal memory is 32 GB, but can be expanded with an expandable memory. The games are not heavy on gigas, but given the Argentine market (where physical games are more expensive) … this little memory is a complication.
Is that the best prices are in the digital versions. The solution is to add an expandable memory, such as smartphones.
Another goal of the Switch is its simple connection. The instruction manual is something to jump from the intuitive one that is armed.
In the laptop, The Switch tablet can also be used with your finger to move through the menus.s. It's a little wider than a high-tech cell phone. It's almost the same size.
Your resolution is not wow! (It's 1080×720 HD), but has many settings, so that each player gives his preferred appearance.
The battery life is about four hours (Depends on certain variables that are detailed below in this note). And yes, you have the option to put into standby mode when you are not using it.
How do you do "console"? It connects through a cradle that allows you to add the HDMI cable to a Smart TV. On TV sets its resolution to Full HD. It does not reach 4K or HDR.
The Switch command, Her name is Joy-Con., is removable: it has two independent and complementary parts. They fold on the screen if played in portable mode: they are involved for a simplicity that the child understands.
And, on the other hand, sticks to the "skeleton" of a type of joystick to become just that: a joystick. Separate the controls and according to the game, they have a function similar to the controls of the PS Move of Playstation. They come with straps to fit the wrist and avoid falling into those frenetic moves like Just Dance.
In the controls there are two buttons that do not look like buttons: a "+" (to the right) and a "-" (left) with specific functions in each game.
Another button also hits, with the figure of the circle inside a square, which is used to capture videos and images and share them on social networks like Twitter and Facebook (you have to link the accounts).
In addition, there is another button, the one with the house symbol, the Home, which leads to the main menu at any time. And there are the classic "little arrows" to move around in the menu and for action in games.
One of the accessories of the Nintendo Switch is a "Pro" control, with a shape similar to the Xbox joystick. The experience with this control is more similar to what you have with the classic consoles. It has the same features as Joy-Con.
There are many for the Switch: from sleeves, to steering wheels (needing Joy-Con). Going through headphones and remote controls chargers. Everyone is seen here
In Cordoba it is reached from the 18 thousand pesos if paid in cash. With cards and in installment, prices increase. Nintendo does not have physical premises in Cordoba.
To compete online in games you have to have an account with Nintendo Switch Online, a platform with the logic of Playstation Plus. There is a free seven-day trial for those who have just purchased the console.
And prices vary depending on the subscription time: 120 pesos for one month; 240 pesos for three months; 600 pesos for six months; 1050 for 12 months. Once enrolled, you access a "Netflix" game from the old NES console. You can enjoy them via streaming.
Eye, to have Nintendo Switch Online you have to enter the Nintendo e-shop icon and there to download a code that is provided on this site. After this process is complete, the direct access icon will appear on the main screen. In this shortcut, you will be prompted for the code that is managed on this site.
Game prices are a bit cheaper than the Playstation and Xbox. For example, Fifa 19 for digital download at the official Nintendo store (has a website in Argentina with prices in pesos) has a value of 1599. The Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the most expensive: worth 2119 pesos.
The technical specifications
- Size: 102 mm x 239 mm x 13.9 mm (with Joy-Con trailers); 28.44 mm in the thickest part, from the end of the analog levers to the protrusions of the ZL / ZR buttons.
- Weight: approximately 297 grams; (with the Joy-Con trailers: 398 grams).
- Display: capacitive touch, 6.2-inch LCD, 1280×720 resolution; CPU / GPU Processor Tegra NVIDIA,
- Console memory: 32 GB; approximately 6.2 GB of internal memory is reserved for the console operating system.
- Communication performance: Wireless LAN (compatible with IEEE 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac); Bluetooth 4.1; only in TV mode. LAN cable connection is possible using an available LAN adapter in stores.
- Video output: maximum resolution of 1920×1080, 60 fps. Output via HDMI cable in TV mode. In desktop and laptop mode, the maximum resolution is 1280×720, which is the screen resolution.
- Audio Output compatible with linear 5.1 PCM; output via HDMI cable in TV mode.
- Stereo speakers
- USB terminal and Type-C USB terminal to charge or connect to the Nintendo Switch base.
- Microphone connector and headphones on stereo output.
- Slot for game cards, only for Nintendo Switch game cards.
- Memory card slot to expand memory: Micro SD, compatible with microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC memory cards. An internet upgrade is required to use microSDXC memory cards.
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, brightness sensor.
- Environmental conditions: temperature: 5 – 35 ° C; Humidity: 20-80%.
- Internal battery: Lithium-ion battery, 4310 mAh capacity. Internal battery can not be removed. Should the battery need to be replaced, Nintendo plans to offer a payment service through the Customer Service Center.
The battery life may exceed six hours, but will depend on the program in use and the conditions of use. Charging time is approximately three hours in standby mode (this is when the console is turned off). If it is charged while it is being played, the time to complete the recharge is more than three hours.
What's coming in 2019 for Switch
The premieres that Nintendo will have in 2019 will be several. At least 10 exclusive games and the first to reach the market will be the New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe on January 11th.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- Travis strikes again: no more heroes
- Daemon X Machina
- Yoshi's worked world
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
- Animal Crossing
- Mansion Luigi 3
- Pokémon RPG (Generation VIII)
The Nintendo Switch is an ideal experience for the nostalgic player and the new player: it's for everyone; is "great" to be "girl".