In 2018, Apple introduced a new feature for its AirPods wireless headsets: Live Listen & # 39; which allows you to convert iPhone or other devices with iOS 12 on a microphone that sends sound to the headphones.
The company explains that this newness helps the user "listen to a conversation in a noisy area," or even "hear someone talking on the other side of the room," so it can be useful for people with problems. of listening.
However, netizens were quick to find another use: spying on other people's conversations, as several publications posted on the networks show in recent days suggesting how to take advantage of the role in this way.
"If you have AirPods, you can enable Live Listen, leave your phone in the living room with someone and listen to what you are saying, then you will thank me," says one of the " was retweeted more than 40,000 times and earned more than 130,000 tanned & # 39;
"Now you can put / hide your iPhone (up to 15 meters away) and listen clearly, you're welcome," writes another user.
Some surfers warn that with Listen Live, youngsters who have AirPods will soon become a kind of "James Bond fans," while others warn that some "men are about to be caught" or simply , that function will "ruin lives."
Wait until all these young people at AirPod discover "listen live" and become James Bond amateurs.
– Kurt (@kurtsramsey) 27 декабря 2018 г.
AirPods can live listen now. SMH! Men about to be caught get rsrs
– Nicole ✨ (@ TheShortest_1) January 9, 2019 г.
However, we must remember some technical (and ethical) limitations of the James Bond function: the owner of the headphones can not get too far away from the people he wants to listen to because of Bluetooth's range, while the iPhone Should be left close to these people, which means that it is not much different from a connected voice recorder (except for the opportunity to hear everything in real time).
If you still want to test the function, here's how you can enable it:
- First, you must add the function to Control center. To do this, go to Settings and then Control Center.
- Once there, press & # 39; Customize controls & # 39; and then the & # 39; Add & # 39; next to & # 39; Hearing & # 39; (icon of hearing).
- When you save the settings, you will have to open the Control Center, press the & # 39; Audition & # 39; and choose & # 39; Live Listening & # 39;
- That's it: you can put the device in front of the person you want to hear.