A 30-year-old woman from Epuyén died on Sunday and became fifth victim of hantavirus in Chubut.
The new fatal victim of the disease was in the Intensive Care Unit of Esquel's Zonal Hospital since December 22.
According to a new part issued by the provincial health authorities, there are 12 confirmed cases, one suspect and six discarded.
HANTAVIRUS: SYMPTOMS AND CONTAGIO
Hantavirus is transmitted by contact with the urine, saliva and excreta of rodents infected with this virus. Can also be transmitted from person to person, by close contact with patients in the initial period of fever (first 48 to 72 hours).
The symptoms of hantavirus are fever, muscle aches, chills, headaches, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea and in advanced stages of respiratory discomfort.
- If you have a fever and suspect you have had a rodent-related environmental exposure, or you were in close contact with a hantavirus case, consult your doctor at an early stage.
- Save the rest. Do not go to public places.
- Wash hands often with soap and water
- Avoid close contact with your co-workers.
- Ventilate the environments inside your home.
- Perform cleaning your home with bleach solution (a well in a bucket of water)
- Keep the surroundings of the house and see neat and clean. Use bleach to disinfect and ventilate previously; no less than an hour the environments that have remained closed for a long time; and perform rural tasks with appropriate clothing, footwear and respiratory protection with chinstrap or handkerchief.
- In the case of camping, choose a place that is free of weeds and do not sleep in direct contact with the grass; respect the indications of rangers and rangers, signposting and health personnel; walking paths enabled, with appropriate clothing and shoes, avoiding weedy places. (Southern DNA)
Most read in South Patagonia
Whose responsibility is it that every time it rains, Comodoro Rivadavia floods?
Ns / Nc