Indignation and disgust after boy killed by clothes, sneakers


Tshepiso Thompson. Image: Provided
Kimberley – Community members are complaining about the blood of the suspects who killed a 16-year-old Kimberley Boys pupil who was robbed of his clothes and sneakers and stabbed to death early Sunday morning.

Members of the public were searching for neighborhoods in Vergenoeg on Sunday afternoon, threatening to collar the perpetrators, who they said were terrorizing the community and attacking vulnerable members of society on weekends.

A house was burned down last night, seemingly angry over the incident.

Police spokesman Captain Bashoabile Kale said police were investigating the murder of a 16-year-old boy, robbery of his possessions and a separate case of aggression with intent to cause serious injury involving another person who would have been stabbed same suspects.

Kale said no arrests were made yet.

"The group has the same modus operandi, where they target people who are returning home in dimly lit areas after spending the night away. They then steal their clothes and shoes at the knife point and also stab their victims. "

Family members were on Sunday mourning the untimely death of Tshepiso Thompson.

Her grandmother said she was awakened around three o'clock Sunday morning after Tshepiso's fatal stabbing.

"Tshepiso was stolen from his Adidas sneakers and denim jacket he was wearing," she said.

His mother, Gracia Thompson, said that Tshepiso was walking with a group of friends on Hulana Street, where they were approached by a group of people who warned them that they would be stabbed.

"I think Tshepiso was trying to fight them when they were approached by a second group. His friends were also beaten. They were on their way home when Tshepiso realized he was stabbed by his side.

"He passed out on Phitlo Street. His friends tried to keep him awake until I arrived, while another of his friends rushed for help. I just received the information that he had collapsed near a church and asked all the churches in the area for assistance.

"I decided to hurry home to pick up my medical aid card so I could transport it to the Mediclinic Gariep, but the paramedics said that they would first serve him. He was still talking when I arrived, but he died on the spot.

Gracia said Tshepiso, his eldest son, was in eighth grade. "His passion was rugby and he wanted to play professionally after completing his studies."

Diamond Fields Advertiser


Source link